Second Skin Audio

New box for soundqubed hds312s

Looking to build a new box for my 2 soundqubed 12s and I need some help with designing it. I kind of rushed through building the first box and messed up on a couple of things on it and would like to just start fresh with a new box would like to be able to play down to 25hz and up to 50 or 60 hz and still be around the same decibel level. My max dimensions without building in the trunk is 34 wide 15.25 tall and 25 deep. Can go bigger if I build inside the trunk open to either a 4th order or just a normal ported box whatever will work best any help would be appreciated.

Also the amp is an alpine mrx-m240 and the car is a 2012 impala if that helps any and the box will be firing into the car the back seats fold down.

Let me be the first to say those subs are pretty decent for the buck. Ive just gotten through the break in process on mine and they are amazing! Just for instance my box is 4.91 cu with an 8 inch round port tuned to 33hz. Your amp should be pretty decent pushing those. Im using a PPI BA2600.1d at 1 ohm. I think I will need more power in the near future. Up until yesterday I hadn't attempted to push them on low frequencies too hard but let them have it to a slowed version of Rack City. I cant begin to explain how amazing it sounded on the very low notes. Any ways back to your box, and Im no pro but I ran your numbers on the Torres. Thats about 4.7 net including some bracing and the subs. With an 8 inch 20 incheslong aero tuned to 33.34 hz.

2000 Ford Ranger Sport Ext

Digital Designs DD915J

4.91 net birch box, inch port @ 33hz

FSD FZ2600

FSD FZ100.4

Pioneer DEH80PRS

PRV Audio 6MB200-4 6-1/2" Midbass Woofers

Tymphany BC25SC08-04 1" Silk Dome Neodymium Tweeters with Waveguide

Let me be the first to say those subs are pretty decent for the buck. Ive just gotten through the break in process on mine and they are amazing! Just for instance my box is 4.91 cu with an 8 inch round port tuned to 33hz. Your amp should be pretty decent pushing those. Im using a PPI BA2600.1d at 1 ohm. I think I will need more power in the near future. Up until yesterday I hadn't attempted to push them on low frequencies too hard but let them have it to a slowed version of Rack City. I cant begin to explain how amazing it sounded on the very low notes. Any ways back to your box, and Im no pro but I ran your numbers on the Torres. Thats about 4.7 net including some bracing and the subs. With an 8 inch 20 incheslong aero tuned to 33.34 hz.

Yeah for the price can't really bet them I love the Subs and they sound really good when I had the box facing towards the back of the car and they still sound good now just I'm lacking in the lower notes I'm really leaning towards it just not being sealed off good enough although it looks pretty well sealed to me. I'm also not sure what I'm tuned to because I messed up on the port and didn't make it wide enough and I didn't put my 45s in either.

Can you give me some more info on the box any way you could get a cut sheet for me and a picture of the enclosure that would be great not having access to a computer with Internet sucks and my phone doesn't have many options for a good box calculator

Yeah for the price can't really bet them I love the Subs and they sound really good when I had the box facing towards the back of the car and they still sound good now just I'm lacking in the lower notes I'm really leaning towards it just not being sealed off good enough although it looks pretty well sealed to me. I'm also not sure what I'm tuned to because I messed up on the port and didn't make it wide enough and I didn't put my 45s in either.

If you get a tone generator app for your phone you can play sine wave tones through your subs to find your tuning. At your tuning frequency the sub cone will just about stop moving. It may help to lightly feel the cone with your hand as you do this.

One way to test how well you sealed off your trunk is to play music and open your trunk, if there is any change in output or how it sounds, you didn't seal off well enough.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

If you get a tone generator app for your phone you can play sine wave tones through your subs to find your tuning. At your tuning frequency the sub cone will just about stop moving. It may help to lightly feel the cone with your hand as you do this.

One way to test how well you sealed off your trunk is to play music and open your trunk, if there is any change in output or how it sounds, you didn't seal off well enough.

Good tips I'll give them both a try today after work I already have an app for playing the sine waves. Do I have to have it up a lot when playing the tones? Or just a moderate volume ?

You can do the test at pretty low volume, just enough to get the cone moving when you are significantly below tuning.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived