Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Enclosure design wanted.


96saturnsl

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok guys I have 4 8" American bass 's 8s I'm going to make a enclosure for tomorrow and put in my impala. I have max dimensions but I need someone to design the enclosure and a cut sheet of anyone has the time to do that for me I'd appreciate it, I don't have Torres or anything to do it myself on. (phone doesn't support it) maxx dimensions are 33" wide x 14" high x 20" deep. And I'm trying to be around 33ish Hz if possible.

Posted

Here is a suggestion close as possible to your max dims, subs fit rather tight (American Bass VFL 8Ds), power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

4x_8_SFPF_lst.jpg

4x_8_SFPF.jpg

Posted

Thanks for the enclosure design I built it to your specs and I must say.....WOW. for only 4 8s on the 400 watts im giving them they crush the lows. now I have to get a bigger amp because my autotek pos amp wont let me run subs at a 2ohm load on it. cant wait to give them the 1200ish they ask for. thanks!

Posted

Awesome! Do you have any pics?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 444 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...