Wiring 3 subs confusion

Hello everyone when you are wiring 3 subs in parallel it half's the ohm load each time so I am wondering if I bought 3 d4 subs if it would be .5 ohms? because 2 subs in parallel make it 1 ohm so adding another sub in parallel would make it .5? Does this make sense? I went to Rockford wiring wizzard and they are saying it will be a 2.67ohm load but how?

Hello everyone when you are wiring 3 subs in parallel it half's the ohm load each time so I am wondering if I bought 3 d4 subs if it would be .5 ohms? because 2 subs in parallel make it 1 ohm so adding another sub in parallel would make it .5? Does this make sense? I went to Rockford wiring wizzard and they are saying it will be a 2.67ohm load but how?

Because that's not how resistance works.

Resistance in series adds together. Resistance in parallel for your three dual 4ohm subs is as follows:

Knowing that one dual 4ohm sub wired in parallel is 2ohm,

Rtotal = 1 / (1/2 + 1/2 + 1/2)

Giving you .6666666667 ohms for final impedance. Parallel resistance is just finding the reciprocal of each, adding it up, and then finding the reciprocal of the sum.

OK so if I understand this right lets say I get 4 subs that are d4 the math would be

1/((1/2)+(1/2)+(1/2)+(1/2)) which would come out to be .5 ohms?

Or 3 subs that are d2 in parallel the math would be

1/(1+1+1) which would come out to be .33 ohms?

Yes

Archived