Slow Soundqubed SHCA Chevy cobalt build

I have the same car and am fighting an alternator whine problem, did you have any trouble with this with your first install?

No alt whine for me. I did use a good rca and decent grounds. Not sure why you have yours. What do you have in your system

I have the same car and am fighting an alternator whine problem, did you have any trouble with this with your first install?

No alt whine for me. I did use a good rca and decent grounds. Not sure why you have yours. What do you have in your system

I think I have traced the problem to my head unit, problem is I don't have an extra one laying around to swap in. I'm writing up a new thread here and will post that soon.

Where do/did you ground your amps at?

I ground my amps/batteries on the strut mounts. Just sand down to bare metal. or if you want to go all the way you can go directly to the frame through the spare tire well lol

2006 Monte Carlo

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 SSA ZCON 12's

5 Cube Box tuned to 32 Hz

Soundqubed 3500.1

PAC LC-1

Singer 320 Amp Alt

XS D3100 & Kinetik HC2400 in trunk

Super Start AGM Under Hood

80ft+ Sky High 1/0

40 ft^3 120mil sky high deadener

Soundqubed Pro Audio 6.5" mids

Soundqubed Super Tweeters

Alpine 1" Tweeters

Alpine MRP-F300

• 3 weeks later...

28ABD9BD-B44C-4E7D-9B34-E3B9FFBB02F2_zps

Couple coats of filler and hours of sanding. Each coat of filler I am getting a little better at it but still far from good. I did not give enough clearance for the tweeters to be mounted so I had to cut the plastic behind. In the pic you can see one side done already.

F501DD20-0B2F-456F-A948-8AD1B623A6CD_zps

Did a little playing around with painting the dash. I think it looks a lot better just black and yellow than the factory grays that was there. After all I am from Pittsburgh so anything black and yellow looks better to me

Archived