soulburner Posted August 30, 2015 Report Posted August 30, 2015 So, wasn't really paying much mind, but I guess my drill had put some rub marks on the surround of my new sub when I was mounting it. I'm not really concerned of the aesthetic look of it, just wondering if I need to seal it, or cover it for any reason. They're not deep gouges, just broke the surface of the surround.
Triticum Agricolam Posted August 31, 2015 Report Posted August 31, 2015 Do you have pics? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
firebirdude Posted August 31, 2015 Report Posted August 31, 2015 So the chuck rubbed against the surround while mounting? And actually wore all the way through it!? Holy crap man. Pay attention much? lol
reedal Posted August 31, 2015 Report Posted August 31, 2015 Pics to see how much damage it is would be good. But if it only scuffed them a bit (kind of like how my HDS312's are after my cousin drove my explorer with a jack rolling around the back hitting them) then it's fine, as long as you don't mind the cosmetics of it SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
soulburner Posted August 31, 2015 Author Report Posted August 31, 2015 Do you have pics? I tried to, it really doesn't come out in photos very well since it's dark out right now. So the chuck rubbed against the surround while mounting? And actually wore all the way through it!? Holy crap man. Pay attention much? lol No no, the chuck rubbed against it. But it didn't wear through it. Maybe I didn't word it very clearly, but it just furred up a couple spots. It's not smooth you can feel the raw texture of the material is what I meant, there is no depth to them at all. Pics to see how much damage it is would be good. But if it only scuffed them a bit (kind of like how my HDS312's are after my cousin drove my explorer with a jack rolling around the back hitting them) then it's fine, as long as you don't mind the cosmetics of it I think I made it out to sound really bad, they are scuffs, but I didn't know if maybe they needed to be covered with something to stop absorption of moisture.
reedal Posted August 31, 2015 Report Posted August 31, 2015 Mine have been scuffed like that for two of the three years I've owned them. You're fine. Or it's a really slow acting damage. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.