Externally Regulated Jeep ALT Question

Sounds like you need this : # FRM - Field Replacement Module for Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep vehicles - Use With ERCK kit to put out the Check Engine Light

This module simulates the alternator to trick your PCM's computer into thinking the alternator is still attached, getting rid of the fault code & no charge light.

http://alternatorparts.com/

This looks like exactly what I need, definently going to look into getting one once I send the alternator back out for an external regulator setup. Thank you very much.

08' Grand Cherokee

(2) DC Lvl 4 12's

I also want to to try this: With your mechman hooked up to the external regulator, also take your stock alt and plug into the stock plug. Stock alt is not mounted, doesn't have a belt on it, it's just sitting in the engine bay with the plug in.

With that, ground the stock alt casing and see what happens when you start your car.

Laredo 3.7 V6 Model. Your idea seems to be right on track actually. I believe that if I were to test it as you stated above, it would achieve the same result as the FRM module that Kevin posted. Of course, this is all speculation, but it seems to make sense.

I don't have the Alt set up for external regulation at the moment. I'm going to have it switched back soon, so I can't test it immediately.

I appreciate the help, hopefully this will solve my problem so I can get back to a real charging voltage again.

08' Grand Cherokee

(2) DC Lvl 4 12's

Archived