Background: Ive always loved the look of shaved door handles on the 99-07 Yukons, tahoes. I am confident I can install them and do the body work necicary to make them look right..

This is kinda the look I want (different color tho)

Hunter-Mahan-GMC-600x335_zpsoz4vvovs.png

hunter-mahan-car-gmc-yukon-blacked-out_z

I'm looking for a 4 door Popper kit and an interior button for the rear hatch. I am skeptical of buying one through amazon or eBay. Although if they work I wouldn't hesitate.

Question: has anyone had any experience with shaved door handle kits/popper kits?

If so what brands should I stay away from if any?

Thanks guys

I don't know about brands specifically, but the experience I have had with poppers has always been buying them seperately per door, and don't cheap out. Buy ones that actually are made for the weight of your doors. I had a buddy who constantly had issues with his el camino doors because the poppers he bought were cheapo ebay ones that didn't even come close on the weight he needed. Was more than a few car shows we were stuck "breaking" into his car because they wouldn't pop open enough and you couldn't pull the latch open.

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

This kit would work pretty well with what you want to do and it has the emergency entry hardware.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Electric-Life/366/99012/10002/-1?parentProductId=755583#moreDetails

This is exactly the kit I was looking for :) thanks

Archived