Nismomaniak Posted September 8, 2015 Report Posted September 8, 2015 Hello! quick question for you guys, ive decided on two type r's, from what ive been reading about 4sqft would serve them well. Im installing them in a trunk car, so im thinking ill attempt to seal the subs off from the trunk by placing them and port forward. I am going to use a round port so I can play with tuning and learn a little more about what im really doing here. I mocked it up in winisd, and found for 40hz I should have 1 6" flare at 6" long to keep vent mach down. Does this tuning and box size sound about right? Ill be powering these with a hifonics brz2400.1, which will likely put out around 2k watts to the pair (if im lucky?).
Nismomaniak Posted September 10, 2015 Author Report Posted September 10, 2015 Was it something I said? Lol.Also, if anyone was willing to help me out with cut sheets that would make my life a lot easier! Ive got paypal! Haha.
gally Posted September 10, 2015 Report Posted September 10, 2015 you did not input your max dimension you can use to build a box.. 2010 Chevrolet Cruze Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5" Sub Control --- Pac LC1 Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1 Battery - GZBP 12.2500X
Joe X Posted September 10, 2015 Report Posted September 10, 2015 What's your vehicle and what are the max dims for a box? and what music you listen the most?
Nismomaniak Posted September 10, 2015 Author Report Posted September 10, 2015 2001 audi a6. for room I have 40' wide, 18" deep? (not limited to depth) and 16.5" high. Because its sloped I have an extra 6" at the bottom of the box to the seat when the top is flush. Port id like to be in the centre because I have a ski pass through in the seat.My current box is tuned to just below 45 and serves me well, I listen to edm for the most part. Trap, hardstyle, etc. I have an 6" aeroport in the mail so I can actually tune it without needing to make a new box.I was ssort of hoping to have it shrouded in so to speak, is this a ridiculous idea?
Joe X Posted September 11, 2015 Report Posted September 11, 2015 A single 6" round port is not going to be enough port area, other than that is a matter of taste, the 2 cubic feet per driver used to work best on the older 4th generation and earlier alpine subs, these are going to play quite peaky in 4 net, that along with the higher tuning is going to result in a loud but likely not musical setup, rather poor in deep bass, if you are looking for that then your specs may work for you.
Nismomaniak Posted September 11, 2015 Author Report Posted September 11, 2015 I don't listen to anything deep really, but that's why I wanted the port, so I could play with the tuning. I could always leave the port external if something like 12"x6" would work for tuning. I just went off of what winisd has said, which was 6" wide and 6" long. What would you suggest for port area? Is that just to bring the tuning down some so its less peaky? Or will it just be NFG?
matisanta Posted September 12, 2015 Report Posted September 12, 2015 Hey Joe im looking to make a new enclosure for my subs can you help me out? it doesnt let me send you Private Message
Joe X Posted September 12, 2015 Report Posted September 12, 2015 I don't listen to anything deep really, but that's why I wanted the port, so I could play with the tuning. I could always leave the port external if something like 12"x6" would work for tuning. I just went off of what winisd has said, which was 6" wide and 6" long. What would you suggest for port area? Is that just to bring the tuning down some so its less peaky? Or will it just be NFG? Like 3 4" ports would work, best would be 60 square inches of slot port area.
Joe X Posted September 12, 2015 Report Posted September 12, 2015 Hey Joe im looking to make a new enclosure for my subs can you help me out? it doesnt let me send you Private Message Sure, just make a thread mentioning vehicle, amp and subs models, max dims for a box and ,music you listen the most.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.