Jump to content

I'll be a Flag Marshal at the Lone Star Le Mans


Recommended Posts

Posted
That's right, going to be a flag marshal at the Lone Star Le Mans next week here at Circuit of the Americas in Austin. Super excited! FIA WEC has a 6 hour race into the night on Saturday, TUDOR has a 3 hour race Saturday, there are a bunch of supporting races on Thursday and Friday, and qualifying in between. 16-17 hour days for me, but I don't care. Going to be awesome. My first time as a marshal, doing it right at COTA. I'll probably be on yellow flag duties all three days, but hopefully I can hop on blue at some point for a bit. I'm stoked.


Here's a video from last year's WEC race, racing starts like 1/3 the way in:



"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Posted

so you also get the best view?

damn..looking good man

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

so you also get the best view?

damn..looking good man

Hell yeah I got the best view! Was awesome!

I had a great time. I worked Turn 16 the first day, Turn 12 the next two. I rotated through flagging positions (yellow flagger, blue/green/white/everything else flagger, and observer), which is actually good because you wouldn't get too tired. The WEC race was good from a marshal standpoint, tons of blue flagging, and the captain and observer were busy with car contacts and track limits. I really got a sense of importance, it's pretty crazy that you hold some lap times and car positions in your hands when determining track limit calls. I was able to get into the paddock, which was cool. I was able to break away during WEC quals and an IMSA Porsche GT3 Championship Cup race, so I did snap a few photos. I am sooooo tired and sore and it was super hot and long days and all that, but it was a really great experience. I'll be doing more for sure. MotoGP in April, and I'll definitely be doing this event again next year.
Here are a couple of the photos I took:
DSC_4284-L.jpg
DSC_4333-L.jpg
DSC_4409-L.jpg
DSC_4425-L.jpg
DSC_4600-L.jpg
DSC_4636-L.jpg
Formula 1 is here next month, and I'm going to marshal that too! :D
"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 567 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...