installing a car alarm

What is the difficulty level when installing a car alarm? I mean is it really that complicated if you have the wiring diagram for the vehicle? I'm just curious because the push to start kit tha in looking at comes with an alarm and no one around here will install anything unless you buy it from them

I'd say it's not for beginners. The basic installation aside, there's still many pitfalls that certain vehicles present. + or - door triggers. Normally open or normally closed door triggers. Maybe diode isolating individual door trigger. +, -, reverse polarity door locks. All that is dependant on the vehicle and completely separate from you actually hunting down the wires you'll need and connecting to them in a professional manner, while still keeping the whole install clean. I can't begin to tell you how many rat's nested t-tap messes I've come across by people who think they can install an alarm or remote start themself.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

I'd say it's not for beginners. The basic installation aside, there's still many pitfalls that certain vehicles present. + or - door triggers. Normally open or normally closed door triggers. Maybe diode isolating individual door triggers. +, -, reverse polarity door locks. All that is dependant on the vehicle and completely separate from you actually hunting down the wires you'll need and connecting to them in a professional manner, while still keeping the whole install clean. I can't begin to tell you how many rat's nested t-tap messes I've come across by people who think they can install an alarm or remote start themself.

Agreed! Alarms is the one thing I won't do especially on these newer cars with all the different interfaces/bypasses/headaches that you will encounter. Best to take it to a "Professional" shop for install.

Archived