Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

So I was thinking...........6th order, now to understand it. QUESTIONS!!!


scooter99

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok guys, you all know me by now. My mind never stops. I was laying in bed last night and not being able to go to sleep because my mind wouldn't turn off. I had a thought!

First, think about those of you out there who have SUVs, like a tahoe, or expedition, etc. Even the smaller suvs. Some of you have 4 subs, 15's, 18's, etc, in there, subs up ported back. We've seen great numbers and great performance out of those types of setups, i.e. Steve's tahoe etc.

Now, thinking about my truck. It has a shell on it. I didn't want to do a cut through on it, and originally was going to try and do a 4th order and go through the back window. That's why I got the shell in the first place. But what if I did a set up like this.

Think about this. 4 15's cone up, ported through the rear. Now while making the enclosure, what if I made a shell around it, like duplicating the suv cabin essentially. So the top of the shell of the enclosure would go to the top of the rear window. The sides would be minimally as wide as the rear window, but even with the sides of the enclosure. Then the back of the shell would be however far back from the rear of the enclosure, let's just say 12+ inches.

Would this work the same way as an SUV environment? I know the shell would have to be reinforced, like with 2x4's etc. I get that. It's just an idea concept I'm thinking of and I'm wondering if it would work or not.

What do you guys think?

Posted

there is a guy around here who has done exactly what you are talking about, looking for pics.........please stand by.............

2000 Ford Ranger Sport Ext

Digital Designs DD915J

4.91 net birch box, inch port @ 33hz

FSD FZ2600

FSD FZ100.4

Pioneer DEH80PRS

PRV Audio 6MB200-4 6-1/2" Midbass Woofers

Tymphany BC25SC08-04 1" Silk Dome Neodymium Tweeters with Waveguide

Posted

shit, when I need to find the pics I cant. Its a white Ford ranger. He takes the cap off and under it is the enclosure, with the amps mounted on the sides. Think he has 8 15's in it too.

2000 Ford Ranger Sport Ext

Digital Designs DD915J

4.91 net birch box, inch port @ 33hz

FSD FZ2600

FSD FZ100.4

Pioneer DEH80PRS

PRV Audio 6MB200-4 6-1/2" Midbass Woofers

Tymphany BC25SC08-04 1" Silk Dome Neodymium Tweeters with Waveguide

Posted

11223762_696474663821519_413492981662863

2000 Ford Ranger Sport Ext

Digital Designs DD915J

4.91 net birch box, inch port @ 33hz

FSD FZ2600

FSD FZ100.4

Pioneer DEH80PRS

PRV Audio 6MB200-4 6-1/2" Midbass Woofers

Tymphany BC25SC08-04 1" Silk Dome Neodymium Tweeters with Waveguide

Posted

trying to find the pics of whats under the cap, it appears to be a blow through cut out though. Local guy in florida, still looking but work keeps getting in the damn way

2000 Ford Ranger Sport Ext

Digital Designs DD915J

4.91 net birch box, inch port @ 33hz

FSD FZ2600

FSD FZ100.4

Pioneer DEH80PRS

PRV Audio 6MB200-4 6-1/2" Midbass Woofers

Tymphany BC25SC08-04 1" Silk Dome Neodymium Tweeters with Waveguide

Posted

You make my brain hurt Scott

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Posted

Im glad Im not the only one. Wife was jabbering off something at me last night as were watching tv in bed, Im staring off into outer space thinking about how Im going to run my rca's, if I should un-invert my subs and whether or not I should pull off my headliner and deaden the roof lol. Then it goes " Are you even listening to me?!"

2000 Ford Ranger Sport Ext

Digital Designs DD915J

4.91 net birch box, inch port @ 33hz

FSD FZ2600

FSD FZ100.4

Pioneer DEH80PRS

PRV Audio 6MB200-4 6-1/2" Midbass Woofers

Tymphany BC25SC08-04 1" Silk Dome Neodymium Tweeters with Waveguide

Posted

You make my brain hurt Scott

That's why I'm here buddy! To keep you sharp! Make sure you don't get complacent and lazy in your innovative thinking portion of your brain. LOL

Im glad Im not the only one. Wife was jabbering off something at me last night as were watching tv in bed, Im staring off into outer space thinking about how Im going to run my rca's, if I should un-invert my subs and whether or not I should pull off my headliner and deaden the roof lol. Then it goes " Are you even listening to me?!"

To which of course you say, I am, but i'm just having a hard time processing it. Let's start from the beginning! LOL

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3074 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...