Polar Posted September 17, 2015 Report Posted September 17, 2015 Please excuse my incompetence for asking any stupid questions. I have her sitting on my desk. In about an hour or so( or whenever my techs stop being a bunch of dumbasses and allow me a few hours to myself) I plan on installing it. Im on the fence as to going 3 way active or standard with it as I only have 2 amps. I am hoping just by going standard I will be able to tweak a lot of the issues out of my system until I get the better speakers in( front stage) IS it worth while to go active only using 2 amps or am I just pissing in the wind? 2000 Ford Ranger Sport Ext Digital Designs DD915J 4.91 net birch box, inch port @ 33hz FSD FZ2600 FSD FZ100.4 Pioneer DEH80PRS PRV Audio 6MB200-4 6-1/2" Midbass Woofers Tymphany BC25SC08-04 1" Silk Dome Neodymium Tweeters with Waveguide
yurvalentine Posted September 17, 2015 Report Posted September 17, 2015 Number of amps doesn't really matter much, just if you want to set xovers on your deck instead of passives or amp xovers.
Polar Posted September 17, 2015 Author Report Posted September 17, 2015 Hmm, now Im confused. The RCA outs are high, mid and low on this unit. Not sure what the parameters are yet until I get it hooked up. Ive seen people run their highs off the amps internal power and run a mid and a sub amp. Not sure if I want to go that route. If I did set it for 3 way active would I hook my mids and highs amp on the high or mid output of the unit? 2000 Ford Ranger Sport Ext Digital Designs DD915J 4.91 net birch box, inch port @ 33hz FSD FZ2600 FSD FZ100.4 Pioneer DEH80PRS PRV Audio 6MB200-4 6-1/2" Midbass Woofers Tymphany BC25SC08-04 1" Silk Dome Neodymium Tweeters with Waveguide
yurvalentine Posted September 17, 2015 Report Posted September 17, 2015 If you have a 4 channel amp you can run mids and highs separately on the same amp.
Polar Posted September 17, 2015 Author Report Posted September 17, 2015 ah, I do! BUT! was told my amps crossovers wont work that way by 10 people, and was told by the other 10 they would! Its a PPI BA1000.4 btw. That being said, would I need to run (2) sets of RCS's to it? It has 2 sets of inputs 2000 Ford Ranger Sport Ext Digital Designs DD915J 4.91 net birch box, inch port @ 33hz FSD FZ2600 FSD FZ100.4 Pioneer DEH80PRS PRV Audio 6MB200-4 6-1/2" Midbass Woofers Tymphany BC25SC08-04 1" Silk Dome Neodymium Tweeters with Waveguide
yurvalentine Posted September 17, 2015 Report Posted September 17, 2015 You won't need to use the crossovers on the amp really, unless you want to use them. But the 80prs will handle everything you need it to. And yes you will need 2 sets of RCA, right and left mid, then right and left high.
Polar Posted September 17, 2015 Author Report Posted September 17, 2015 sweet, just ran out and grabbed another run and some speaker wires! thanks bro! 2000 Ford Ranger Sport Ext Digital Designs DD915J 4.91 net birch box, inch port @ 33hz FSD FZ2600 FSD FZ100.4 Pioneer DEH80PRS PRV Audio 6MB200-4 6-1/2" Midbass Woofers Tymphany BC25SC08-04 1" Silk Dome Neodymium Tweeters with Waveguide
reedal Posted September 17, 2015 Report Posted September 17, 2015 Set your amp to full pass (looks like the little "F" on your filter switch) and then all you have to do is control the crossover points from the head unit. There's very helpful videos showing how to use the 80prs of you haven't seen any yet. I love mine. I'm always messing with the settings trying to find my happy settings SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Polar Posted September 17, 2015 Author Report Posted September 17, 2015 Ive been doing nothing but watching videos for the past 24 hours lol. What about my sub amp? Should I screw with the settings on that, just had it all set up with a DD-1 2000 Ford Ranger Sport Ext Digital Designs DD915J 4.91 net birch box, inch port @ 33hz FSD FZ2600 FSD FZ100.4 Pioneer DEH80PRS PRV Audio 6MB200-4 6-1/2" Midbass Woofers Tymphany BC25SC08-04 1" Silk Dome Neodymium Tweeters with Waveguide
reedal Posted September 17, 2015 Report Posted September 17, 2015 If you set it with DD-1 before installing the 80prs, then yes, you need to reset the gain after installing the 80prs. You can leave the lpf on the amp as high as it will go and just control that from the HU. There is no subsonic control on the 80prs, so you have to adjust that on the amp after setting the gain. On the head unit itself, I leave the sub level at 0, that way mids, highs, and subs are clean up to volume 62/62. Once you turn the sub level up, the volume can not cleanly go up to 62/62 when measuring the 40hz -0dB tone on the DD-1. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.