fergie Posted September 21, 2015 Report Posted September 21, 2015 First post!! Woohoo! I just purchased a pair of eD (elemental designs) sq10 subwoofers off ebay and I would like to see if someone is able to provide some specs on them?? And if anyone has any real world experience with them? These will be going under the back seat of an ext cab f150. All I know is that the require between .3-.6 cuft sealed and thats about it. I haven't been able to find a wattage rating, or if they might perform a little better in a ported box, although I prefer sealed as it is a little more forgiving. I was super excited when I came across these as I am from Iowa and this was an Iowa company before they closed (sad day). I have always wanted some eD equipment and now is my chance. I have heard this sub in a scion tc in a very small sealed box, the guy had it inside spare tire area under the factory floor which made for a very clean setup. But I can't recall how it sounded since that was about 6-7 years ago. Anyways, any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
never knows best Posted September 21, 2015 Report Posted September 21, 2015 Elemental Designs SQ10 Subwoofer 4 ohmSpecs: Qts: .29Qes: .32Qms: 2.7Fs: 25.50Hz Re: 3.5 Vas: 46.7L Mms: 110.0gBl: 15.10T*m SPL: 86.7dBSd: 350cm² Xmax: 9.3mm Voice Coil: 62.5mmMagnet Width: 2.700"Cutout Diameter: 9.125"Mounting Depth: 3.000"Weight: 7lbTotal Height: 3.400"Displacement: .03 ft³Outside Diameter: 10.250"
fergie Posted September 21, 2015 Author Report Posted September 21, 2015 Wow!! Thank you very much for the quick response!! I searched all over the web trying to find it, after a couple hours I gave up. haha
fergie Posted September 21, 2015 Author Report Posted September 21, 2015 So according to this and playing with diyaudio's calculator a .33 cuft sealed box is optimum. Is this correct?
Triticum Agricolam Posted September 21, 2015 Report Posted September 21, 2015 So according to this and playing with diyaudio's calculator a .33 cuft sealed box is optimum. Is this correct? What's "optimum" depends on the particular application. .33 is the smallest I'd go with that sub, going a bit larger will give you a more shallow roll off on the bottom end (a good thing), but it depends on how much power you are going to run. Those subs will work well in ported enclosure, and give you much more low end output, if you have the space. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
fergie Posted September 23, 2015 Author Report Posted September 23, 2015 I think I'm leaning towards sealed, around .4-.5 cu ft. But if I was able to do a ported cabinet about what size do you guys come up with? The calculator I used shows .55 cu ft and 4"x44" port, I don't even know how a 44" port is possible with the box size. I don't have any experience building ported boxes, I have built a few sealed boxes in the past though.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.