afrakes Posted February 19, 2016 Author Report Posted February 19, 2016 Well, I got it sanded down enough to cut my sub hole and countersink it. Completely killed the router I borrowed in the process (burnt the motor out), and 3 spiral upcut bits. Fuck. Not sure 1.5 hp is enough for 9 passes in 1/4" increments. Either way, let me just say I'm impressed. This sub has gotten loud in everything I've thrown at it, and sounds good doing it too. My bandwidth really cuts out under 31 hz though. I think it's due to my tuning not being as low as I wanted due to airspace restrictions. I'm tuned in the 33-37 range, have to do the math to get the exact figures. To the ear it definitely gets loudest in the 44 range, but stays consistently loud from around 33-50 hz, so the bandwidth is there, just about 10 hz too high all around lol. Will upload pics/videos this weekend or sooner. Stay posted Edit: voltage has been extremely good so far, haven't dipped below 13.9 while driving and while going full tilt at idle for over 15 minutes tonight it never dropped below 13.4. I'm impressed. Down the road I may think about putting a true 2-2.5k on this woofer and see what it can really do. Or get a mayhem. Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT Head Unit: Pioneer DEH- Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) Subs/Amps: TBD
afrakes Posted February 20, 2016 Author Report Posted February 20, 2016 Here's a couple pics of the setup, the box will be pulled to finish, but I'm extremely impressed with the sound this thing puts out. Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT Head Unit: Pioneer DEH- Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) Subs/Amps: TBD
SnowDrifter Posted February 20, 2016 Report Posted February 20, 2016 Sexy ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
afrakes Posted February 20, 2016 Author Report Posted February 20, 2016 Sexy Thanks man, can't wait to demo it for ya! Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT Head Unit: Pioneer DEH- Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) Subs/Amps: TBD
afrakes Posted February 20, 2016 Author Report Posted February 20, 2016 Got the speaker wire techflexed and cleaned up for the time being. Need to fix the 1/0 heat shrink too. It's bugging me big time but I'm out. So yeah. Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT Head Unit: Pioneer DEH- Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) Subs/Amps: TBD
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.