Jump to content

Afrakes' 04 Blazer Build: UPDATE 2/18


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys, I have been slowly gathering equipment over the last year or so and figured it was time to start my first build log.

A little backstory; my bass addiction began when I was 12 and heard my brothers solo baric l7 15" powered off 1200 watts in his Silverado. Ever since then I have been hooked on that deep rumbling sound of a woofer. My first install I was 18 and put a DD 512 in a 2 cube ported box powered on 400 watts and for the power/cost of my setup it got down. That went into my dodge neon I had at the time. I purchased my blazer winter '13 and moved that setup into the Chevy.

Unfortunately, I was a little stupid and got my system stolen Halloween weekend '14 and have been baseless ever since. I have been compiling parts for this system ever since and I finally have just about everything I need in my possession.

Parts List:

Purchased/have in my possession:

Ascendant Audio Havoc 15" D2 (used)

AQ 1200d (used)

XS Power XS Flex 1/0 OFC (used)

Misc TechFlex sleeving

Stinger volt meter

Knu Karma SS RCA's

Toolmaker 1/0 to 4ga Amp Inputs

Sky High Battery Terminals

PAC-LC1

Sky High 1/0 & 8ga Lugs

Kicker HYperFlex 8ga OFC (sub speaker wire)

Pioneer DEH-8300ub (I believe? Had it for years now)

Kicker KS 6.5 coaxials (installed front doors)

Infinity Kappa 4x6 plate components (installed dash)

Waiting for shipment:

16 ton hydraulic crimper (should be here tomorrow!)

Need to purchase:

Alarm

Window tint

Box materials

The plan is to start with the big 4, then do box build, then do total install. Box may be bare for a while as the finish I want to do is a little out of my price range right now. I am in no hurry to have this done as summer has already passed and I don't compete at all. The point of this build is for personal daily listening to decaf, some rap, and a lot of country/classic rock.

I will be uploading pics here in a while as I'm waiting for photobucket to upload them all. Box plans are still up in the air at the moment but I'm thinking 3.5ish cubes ported @ 31-33hz. I need to check out how it looks in WinSD before I make a final decision. I want to be able to play 32-38 hz with as minimal drop off in output as possible. Maybe somebody here could help me with a design? I'm also needing to be very conservative with space as My wife and I are expecting our first child around New Years and this is our only vehicle right now. Also am trying to decide on aero ports vs a slot port. All my previous building experience has been with aeros, they are just a tad spendy and I wouldn't mind tryin something new to me.

Anyways, pics to come soon and any input is appreciated. Thanks for looking!

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Posted

Ok so everything I'm doing on this forum is via my iPhone so I'm only going to put a few pics per post in case something doesn't work properly. I didn't get any pics of the truck when I bought it. I haven't done anything major at all, but what I have done is:

PlastiDipped the wheels, bow tie, badges, headlight chrome

Usual maintenance

New shocks, ball joints, arms, etc

New Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmour 235/75/15 tires

And that's about it. She's basic, but she's my baby. Without further ado, onto the pics!

2B764288-56EC-4C27-93CC-6FFCB2FA4949_zps

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Posted

E198BDAE-E61C-4931-B65F-50D5E57F5F66_zps

The dipped rims, did this about 14 months ago, still going strong!

7B6EB76E-60A5-4A35-8A72-A20915BF7BDD_zps

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Posted

Just did this the other day. I absolutely hate chrome so even though it isn't all that noticeable it made a big difference in my eyes. Still need to touch them up though.

Before:

16057AD9-E29E-4BEE-8EC7-62FBBC2085DF_zps

During:

686114B4-188B-44BE-8422-83151ED40E14_zps

Installed:

F0FA4ADD-DD7C-4F10-823F-7EBA35AD4FE0_zps

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Posted

Onto the good stuff! First up is a Ascendant Audio Havoc 15" D2. I purchased this used from a member of the forum.

The day it arrived:

80362D44-BC1C-4A69-949E-CEA0FECC0FDD_zps

Comparison:

D5181FC7-C66E-4DD3-97BB-228D6500BCE0_zps

48A33EEB-8AF0-4774-A4FD-80D6D6B54EDB_zps

FB36F7F5-5ECA-4FB2-9BCB-8AF55B211C8E_zps

858544D7-C55B-4509-9475-59F294FE1F1B_zps

So happy to have found the old style havoc. Have wanted one for a long time and finally found the right one at the right time.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Posted

Some miscellaneous goodies that I received just recently.

Some SHCA lugs, fuses, and some Knu spade terminals for the 8ga

BB76D6E6-377C-4539-B7C8-82761A577140_zps

55C8A5D4-A427-4F15-BF55-012E1281D59D_zps

PAC-LC1 and reducers

9D31E98F-A9F5-4849-94B8-6B79F0ACE5C6_zps

AAC00C43-7408-4383-B030-8ED3DA51810F_zps

55859CC5-8300-48E3-9B30-332B8AB0F2EF_zps

Karma SS RCA's, SHCA 1/0 fuse holder, xscorpion volt meter

89409255-A13C-447D-A759-E18A7A99872D_zps

The battery terminals, thanks to a fellow member on here I will be changing out my stock battery posts for some longer ones so I can use these as well as my stock harness on my stock battery for the time being. I will be keeping this battery unless my voltage dips seriously low and/or until I get a mods/highs amp.

40F78389-B22A-4C0E-85B3-D04623A2844F_zps

ED2C6B85-3F17-4FF6-85E8-FA7B4368063F_zps

The XS Power 1/0 that will be used on the big 4 and power for the AQ 1200. It's all OFC, 4700+ individual strands, and all will be covered in techflex. Black for ground, checkered flag for power.

4AA4FF89-E12F-4B1D-A401-A46591B33E40_zps

664DA03C-165D-4422-8823-84567EAD5E75_zps

1E5293C2-361C-4DB0-90EA-3940FAE4D057_zps

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Posted

And although it's common and everybody has seen them, gotta show off my amp! AQ 1200d, should hopefully power the Havoc nicely without puttin much strain on my electrical. It's a little banged up but it won't be shown off in the build. If it is I will probably touc up the paint with a q-tip or something along those lines.

I also purchased this amp from a fellow member on here. This truly is an SMD build!

F1C9667C-9643-469E-BAF4-BE0FC48BB18D_zps

DCDD19CE-4825-48F8-9376-BA44087088A2_zps

3DBE2518-F698-4E16-9B6E-C833C9D32DA5_zps

036C675F-C025-4847-BDC4-3B8D6A50572C_zps

What's an amp without.........

GUT SHOTS!!!!!!

EC0265DF-A2FB-4C6D-947F-82F3179C303A_zps

C590ACF6-D9F2-4E83-871B-618D94C4C758_zps

6B41A72E-4B6E-4B53-A5CA-443AFB0B37DB_zps

500AC5DA-5963-4B71-8A8A-0C89737398C0_zps

Hope you all enjoy! I'm hoping to start installing/building in the next month-6 weeks. I have a lot on my plate right now between work and prepping for a baby. Also need to decide on an enclosure design. Any input is appreciated and thanks for looking guys!!

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Posted

Forgot about these other pics.

I think the previous owner of the vehicle (I'm the 2nd) was the Feds. Reason I say is because there are holes drilled in the console where I believe a cop computer bracket would go. There was also a warning under the passengers visor that basically said anybody who's not a federal employee is subject to felony charges if caught operating this vehicle. Was interesting to say the least. Carfax said there was only one previous owner but didn't give any info besides that.

These are the holes I'm speaking of:

E2E2B586-5C51-41F8-A538-1F8689568DF0_zps

077FA825-D044-4469-AA98-D1C55AB28495_zps

The pioneer h/u I have had for years now. Never a single issue with the damn thing. I'm a pioneer h/u guy for life now!

71A338A8-C484-406D-9A2F-F05FE0031A50_zps

Pic of the Dipped bow tie and headlights

EBA4F546-ABF6-46F9-8BD9-AE39B781BEFB_zps

The techflex, I'm using 1/2" for the 1/0, 1/4" for the 8 ga. Checkered flag for power, black for ground. Hopefully I have enough to cover all visible wire.

8E2D4A9B-F039-4CD2-9AD1-1066547E418E_zps

412D3119-09CE-47B3-B425-5E7F8B592EB9_zps

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Posted

Get this build started. what are you waiting for man?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1082 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...