Tammy M Canfield Posted September 26, 2015 Report Posted September 26, 2015 atm I have one American bass xfl 12 looking to add a second 12 but am finding it hard to find a design for a isobaric box and American bass don't have a good spec for there woofers from what I read one 12 need 2.5 cu ft ported but what about for a isobaric box or should I just go ported like the box I build for the 1th woofer American bass xfl 12 dual 2 ohm on a old school MB quart ra1000@1 ohm woofer hits hard but brought a new car and have room to add anther woofer would love to go isobaric
Triticum Agricolam Posted September 26, 2015 Report Posted September 26, 2015 Why do you want to build an isobaric box? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
ctq Posted September 26, 2015 Report Posted September 26, 2015 The one system I heard was one of the loudest I ever heard like to bee different
Triticum Agricolam Posted September 26, 2015 Report Posted September 26, 2015 The one system I heard was one of the loudest I ever heard like to bee different Just imagine how much louder it would have been if it wasn't an isobaric box! "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Tammy M Canfield Posted September 26, 2015 Author Report Posted September 26, 2015 then you the man I need to speak to atm I have one xfl 12 on a mb quart ra1000@1 ohm want to add anther do to new car sound damping use a L-port box that I built should I just got back that way for 2 12s
Triticum Agricolam Posted September 26, 2015 Report Posted September 26, 2015 then you the man I need to speak to atm I have one xfl 12 on a mb quart ra1000@1 ohm want to add anther do to new car sound damping use a L-port box that I built should I just got back that way for 2 12s Honestly, I can't really follow what you are trying to say. No offense, but use some punctuation and complete sentences. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
ctq Posted September 26, 2015 Report Posted September 26, 2015 ok lets start over atm I have one American bass xfl 12 dual 2ohm to a MB quart ra1000 amp @1ohm I built the box its a L-port design box at a little over 2cu ft it hit hard for one 12 but the deal is I brought a new car and it don't hit so hard in the new car am guessing its all the sound damping so I want to add another 12 I wanted to do something rare since this is the first new car I own why I asked about isobaric box the one I seen had 4 10" and you would swear it was 18" you are saying not to go that route American bass don't give good specs on there woofer like jl will tell you w3 needs 1.5 cu ft for say on this forum I read the xfl needs 2.5 cu ft in your opinion what kind of box should I use for the two xfl 12. American bass says its has to be a ported box I do plan on adding anther mb quart ra1000 to the 2th woofer on grounds on not wanting to run a 2ohm load love the 1ohm do to the cu ft of the woofers I have to make, buy a custom box I try to link the album of the box I built but I can get it to work if you find it in you if you look at my facebook albums you will see the build maxie canfield photos should be public am a plumber so I don't work with wood a lot but love to work with my hands I hope you get what am trying to say thx ctq
diegoclass2010 Posted September 26, 2015 Report Posted September 26, 2015 Triticum Agricolam what about xmax? Wouldn't that increase and help with low end response... For reference I have no have no experience with these boxes and have read other threads where they explained the oversize boxes and decrease output potential in half... I'm just trying to think outside the box
Triticum Agricolam Posted September 26, 2015 Report Posted September 26, 2015 ok lets start over atm I have one American bass xfl 12 dual 2ohm to a MB quart ra1000 amp @1ohm I built the box its a L-port design box at a little over 2cu ft it hit hard for one 12 but the deal is I brought a new car and it don't hit so hard in the new car am guessing its all the sound damping so I want to add another 12 I wanted to do something rare since this is the first new car I own why I asked about isobaric box the one I seen had 4 10" and you would swear it was 18" you are saying not to go that route American bass don't give good specs on there woofer like jl will tell you w3 needs 1.5 cu ft for say on this forum I read the xfl needs 2.5 cu ft in your opinion what kind of box should I use for the two xfl 12. American bass says its has to be a ported box I do plan on adding anther mb quart ra1000 to the 2th woofer on grounds on not wanting to run a 2ohm load love the 1ohm do to the cu ft of the woofers I have to make, buy a custom box I try to link the album of the box I built but I can get it to work if you find it in you if you look at my facebook albums you will see the build maxie canfield photos should be public am a plumber so I don't work with wood a lot but love to work with my hands I hope you get what am trying to say thx ctq So are you posting under two different accounts? Are ctq and Tammy M Canfield the same person? Anyway, to answer your question, as long as you have enough space, building a new ported box for the two XFL 12's is going to get you the best performance. I know you kinda want to do something different, but there is a very good reason why the majority of boxes you see on this website are ported. They just work the best 99% of the time. If you really want to be different and are willing to give up some (possibly a lot) performance then I can understand wanting to do something more unconventional. Triticum Agricolam what about xmax? Wouldn't that increase and help with low end response... For reference I have no have no experience with these boxes and have read other threads where they explained the oversize boxes and decrease output potential in half... I'm just trying to think outside the box Isobaric loading doesn't increase your xmax any, with a ported box xmax generally isn't what limits your low end response anyway (at least if designed correctly). What limits your low end response is power handling, which isobaric does help with, however there is a 3 db loss in efficiency going from a single sub setup to a two sub isobaric setup, so to make up for that loss you have to double your power, which puts you right back where you started from in terms of output and power handling. The only advantage of an isobaric setup is it reduces the size of the box. The penalty you pay for that size reduction is you need twice as many subs and twice as much power to get the same output. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.