Second Skin Audio

I need help from the box gurus real quick

9tr3g

I don't know. I like the way it laid it out but I think that the vibration would Crack the quarter inch or so above and below the sub. Even if I didn't try to recess the sub I just don't think that's enough material for that heavy of a sub.

if your that terrified of it cracking.. you can always throw some fiberglass where you see fit.. extend 4 to 5 inches on either side of your "worry zones"...

though like triticum said, youll be fine.. as long as you build the box well, it will not break apart.. i personally screw every 3 to 5 inches depending on the woofer being used.. be sure to have at LEAST 1 inch of thread into joining wood.. and you can never use too much glue!!

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10"

https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/

Thanks for the advise guys. I went by the place that was supposed to cut everything for me and they will get it back to me in the next day or two. It's a friend's hookup since I don't have a table saw or a router. He's got a friend that works at a cabinet shop that's going to cut everything for me. I decided against flush mounting the sub so that it has a little more wood behind it. I got some wooden dowels to use for bracing. They were 1 1/2 I think. That should work pretty good for me

Thanks for the advise guys. I went by the place that was supposed to cut everything for me and they will get it back to me in the next day or two. It's a friend's hookup since I don't have a table saw or a router. He's got a friend that works at a cabinet shop that's going to cut everything for me. I decided against flush mounting the sub so that it has a little more wood behind it. I got some wooden dowels to use for bracing. They were 1 1/2 I think. That should work pretty good for me

Sounds good to me!

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived