Fequency Of Astros

Looking for some help, I need to find out what the peak frequency of a 98 astro is. My teams meter is broke and being sent out to Wayne, and I have show coming up April 25th, can anybody help a fellow spler out :D ?

Looking for some help, I need to find out what the peak frequency of a 98 astro is. My teams meter is broke and being sent out to Wayne, and I have show coming up April 25th, can anybody help a fellow spler out :D ?

with or without a wall?

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

Both would be good to know, but for now without wall. I will be walling in the next month, but for this show, i will be no wall.

No clue then. I only know BIG stuff...lol.

I would guess around 56-58 depending on subs and port area (and box placement).

67-73 with a wall

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

No clue then. I only know BIG stuff...lol.

I would guess around 56-58 depending on subs and port area (and box placement).

67-73 with a wall

lol cool thats kind of where we were thinking it would peak at as well. I will be moving up too the big stuff soon :D Just need to hit this show for the points. Do you have any tips or tricks that you would be will to share about walled astro's, i want to be loud like the SPL2K king ? :P

Thanks for your input and fast reply Michael. :D

One tip for ya. Think outside the box. I can't remember where mine peaks at, but those numbers mentioned above seem about right.

Gonna take a lot of money to get as loud as spl2k.

And be thankful you have a newer model, you may get lucky and have the steel leaf springs instead of the fiberglass ones. I believe the fiberglass leaf springs were only on the vans until '90.

The slider guide is a p.i.t.a. to works around.

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

Thanks man, and yeah no joke about getting as loud as mike lol. The wall setup will be 4 FI BTL 18s with 2 ddz2 amps, with 6 D3100 batts. Still will be running 14volts for now, but i am hoping to break the low 60 mark with burp, mid 50s on music *crossing fingers*. I have been looking at either a swapable port for daily and SPL or a bandpass with some sort of removable wall. Still lots of planning going on, i have been working on getting this setup for over a year now, finally have most of the equiment but now i have to start looking at all the small details lol.

Edited by NotoriouslyLoud

lol cool thats kind of where we were thinking it would peak at as well. I will be moving up too the big stuff soon :D Just need to hit this show for the points. Do you have any tips or tricks that you would be will to share about walled astro's, i want to be loud like the SPL2K king ? :P

Thanks for your input and fast reply Michael. :D

I was going to help instill i saw this

"i want to be loud like the SPL2K king ? :P "

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA J/K

when i was in NW my astro was 57-58 hz and walled off it played 65

DC AUDIO

Phone Number

1(855)SPL-DBZZ

Built by Competitors, for Competitors.

I was going to help instill i saw this

"i want to be loud like the SPL2K king ? :P "

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA J/K

when i was in NW my astro was 57-58 hz and walled off it played 65

:D Thanks Rusty. I hope to play with the loud crowd soon B)