Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

New on the forum and have box questions.


Wasteland_Audio

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi guys, I'm new to the whole forum thing so forgive my general lack of knowledge about how this thing works. I'll just cut right too it, I am in the process of doing my very first big build. I just ordered a pair of DC level 6 18" subs and I'm having a hard time figuring out what kind of box would work best for them. They'll be going in a 2004 'burban, all I've ever run before is pre built cheapo boxes but I want to do this one right. like I said before this will be my first full build and will be doing all the install myself. any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated and one day I hope to be able to show off my work like all of the other great builders on this site! :good:

Posted

Well on DC's site it says that it recommends 5.5cuft per sub and N/A for sealed so im assuming a 4th is out of the question. You could always go with a 6th if you are up to it. I would just go with a ported box unless I had the space and know how on how to do a 6th order. Im sure one of the big box guys will jump in here and assist.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

Posted

I actually forgot all about that, and a 6th order is a nightmare to build so I may just go with a standard ported. I'm just curious if anyone has ran a similar setup and what worked for them.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8505 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...