Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

2 12" AB TNT's Budget Build


Brandonlear

Recommended Posts

Posted

I've been playing around tonight with box sketches for my TNT's. It's going in an f150 as a center console. I plan on also having an iPad Mini mounted on the top front half of the box.

ive got a very limited amount of room to work with. 30L, 17H, 12W. The height could go up a tad, but is ideal is 17". I want it to play as low as possible and move as much air as possible but also high in the SPL range. Can someone give me a design? I could also increase the length another 22" and the height another 21 1/4" (on rear 15 3/4" only. ). Here is a rough sketch with all the dimensions. And yes, unfortunately it is a 5 speed so I have the shifter in the way.

712FB6EE-787C-4363-82C2-5C101322F74D_zps

I am aware this is a difficult box build. I want to get the best sound and am afraid if I build my design, part of the box will be useless or actually take away from the subs full potential.

Posted

You probably don't have enough internal volume for two 12" subs, unless you can come up with quite a bit more space somewhere. Have you already bought the subs?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

You probably don't have enough internal volume for two 12" subs, unless you can come up with quite a bit more space somewhere. Have you already bought the subs?

Yes, unfortunately I have. How much space is ideal for 2 12's? Ivebeen out of the game for awhile. IIRC, it's about 5 cubes net, correct?

Posted

You probably don't have enough internal volume for two 12" subs, unless you can come up with quite a bit more space somewhere. Have you already bought the subs?

Yes, unfortunately I have. How much space is ideal for 2 12's? Ivebeen out of the game for awhile. IIRC, it's about 5 cubes net, correct?

Well what's "ideal" depends on the application and goals of the system. Generally for a pair of twelves you are looking at 3-5 cubic feet net airspace. You will have to have space for the port and sub displacements as well.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

You probably don't have enough internal volume for two 12" subs, unless you can come up with quite a bit more space somewhere. Have you already bought the subs?

Yes, unfortunately I have. How much space is ideal for 2 12's? Ivebeen out of the game for awhile. IIRC, it's about 5 cubes net, correct?

Well what's "ideal" depends on the application and goals of the system. Generally for a pair of twelves you are looking at 3-5 cubic feet net airspace. You will have to have space for the port and sub displacements as well.

I should be able to increase my height 6 inches or so and not be too high for a center console. I may be able to sneak an inch in width also. I'll take every inch I can get, though.

Posted

is it an extended cab?

could always build below the rear seats and port out towards the cab wall. Could easily fit a 6 inch aero on each side most likely.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9354 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...