Alpine I-Personalize Question...

3vil

Not exactly a head unit issue, but closely related? I just got given an Alpine CDA-7998 that's in really good shape, and even more importantly, it works better than the Sony deck I was running. After installing it and menu diving a bunch, I decided to find the manual. In the manual they mention Alpine's I-Personalize website, where you can grab wallpapers (meh) and make parametric eq adjustments and time alignment adjustments that you burn onto a CD then write to the head unit (more interesting).

Well I jump on over to said site, and lo and behold my crappy Windows 7 laptop running Chrome isn't cutting it requirements wise. Seems I need a a real fancy comp running XP and IE 6 to get in on this 2000's tuning goodness. I tried accessing the page with IE (which caused my physical pain, who the hell uses Internet Explorer?) but had no luck. I saw Alpine has a Droid app for tuning, but after installing it I see that it's for their more recent product lineup.

Anyone know a handy backdoor that'll let me play with the Alpine EQ settings without dual booting XP on my laptop? Or does the I-Personalize even add any expanded tuning option that are worth my time? Part of me feels that pressing buttons will net me the same final results as far as TA and Crossover settings go, although it may take me longer to get the same results.

Try running Window XP in virtual machine with VirtualBox which is free.

Here is the link

https://www.virtualbox.org/

You will need a copy of Windows XP

Archived