ja9219 Posted October 14, 2015 Report Posted October 14, 2015 Hey guys, I have two p3d412 I got off of ebay each from a different seller and I've been having issues with one of them. I acquired it over a month ago and just was able to finally diagnose it now. Well I think anyway. So I tested it by hooking it up to an amp and I'm not getting anything even though it works perfectly fine with my other one. So I tested it with a multi meter by putting the positive on one coil and the negative on another coil and I don't get a reading however if I put positive on positive I get a reading and it jumps all over the place. Is the sub dead like totally or can I repair it? Thank you
BIGlep Posted October 14, 2015 Report Posted October 14, 2015 Do two tests, positive on coil 1 +, negative on coil 1 -. Remember to be in ohms mode. Then repeat for coil 2, post numbers CHECK OUT MY BUILD LOG >>> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/187006-build-log-saturn-sc2-psi-15-trunk-build/
ja9219 Posted October 14, 2015 Author Report Posted October 14, 2015 I just did that and I'm not getting a reading on positive to negative only positive to positive
3vil Posted October 14, 2015 Report Posted October 14, 2015 Do that same test, but gently push the cone on and out, did you get a reading?
ja9219 Posted October 14, 2015 Author Report Posted October 14, 2015 No reading and the cone makes a scratching noise when pushed down on it.
Triticum Agricolam Posted October 14, 2015 Report Posted October 14, 2015 No reading and the cone makes a scratching noise when pushed down on it. It's probably toast. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
3vil Posted October 14, 2015 Report Posted October 14, 2015 Recone is your only option I think. The scratchy sound is indicative of a fried voicecoil. If it's been less then 45 days the I recommend you file a paypal dispute against the seller. That's assuming he claimed the sub was in good working order when you purchased it.
ja9219 Posted October 14, 2015 Author Report Posted October 14, 2015 Thank you I'm gonna try and work with the seller first before doing anything but if not that's always an option. Where could I get a recone kit tho if neither of those pan out.
3vil Posted October 14, 2015 Report Posted October 14, 2015 Just remember you have 45 days to start a claim. After that Paypal won't be much help.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.