Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

What Type Of Port To Use??


Nick4029

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys I need help figuring out what kind of port to use for my zv4s. I'm undecided between an aero port, a slot port or a box with the port in the middle. I want to tune to about 32hertz.

My dimensions are

33 wide

14-15.5 high would prefer 14 but will go to 15.5 if needed

25 depth

If you guys could give me a box design or a type of port to use that would be great. I want the box to be efficient but I want it to get loud to. Also if the box with the port in the middle is the best option how do you tune it. Or do I not have enough room to fit the both of them.

Thanks.

2011 Chrysler 200s

Sundown zv4 12 rev2

2.75ft3 box tuned 32hertz

Hifonics brx 2400

Sky High 1/0 ofc power and ground wire

Sky High 8 gauge ofc speaker wire

Focal auditor 5 1/4 front component speakers

Focal integration 6x9 rear deck speakers

Stock 160amp alt

Posted

im guessing they are 12" zv4s and you have two? im also assuming they are going in a car trunk? what kind of power are you using?.. be more specific give more details to better help you out

Yea sorry I had they were 12s but I must've deleted it.

Anyways they are zv4 12 rev2. And I have 2 of them. And I'm going to be running them on 2 hifonics brx2400.1s until I get money to buy a saz5000 or a ns1 which will probably be next month. I have a singer 250amp h.o. Alt and 2 d3100s in the trunk and 1 d1200 in the front

2011 Chrysler 200s

Sundown zv4 12 rev2

2.75ft3 box tuned 32hertz

Hifonics brx 2400

Sky High 1/0 ofc power and ground wire

Sky High 8 gauge ofc speaker wire

Focal auditor 5 1/4 front component speakers

Focal integration 6x9 rear deck speakers

Stock 160amp alt

Posted

gotcha ok well im no box builder so just wait up for Triticum Agricolam or JoeX to chime in.. which they will there both great with boxes.

also are you gonna rear fire the subs ( towards the trunk lid)... or forward? ( do your back seats drop?)

Posted

gotcha ok well im no box builder so just wait up for Triticum Agricolam or JoeX to chime in.. which they will there both great with boxes.

also are you gonna rear fire the subs ( towards the trunk lid)... or forward? ( do your back seats drop?)

Yes my seats do fold down so I will probably fire them forward and then eventually seal the trunk off.

2011 Chrysler 200s

Sundown zv4 12 rev2

2.75ft3 box tuned 32hertz

Hifonics brx 2400

Sky High 1/0 ofc power and ground wire

Sky High 8 gauge ofc speaker wire

Focal auditor 5 1/4 front component speakers

Focal integration 6x9 rear deck speakers

Stock 160amp alt

Posted

This is my buddy trunk build with two zv4 12s... The port is 10x7 tuned to 30hz.

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

Posted

Setup does a 150db at 31hz

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

Posted

Yea I want something like that. That looks like it gets pretty loud and moves some air. Do you know how many cubic ft that box is?

2011 Chrysler 200s

Sundown zv4 12 rev2

2.75ft3 box tuned 32hertz

Hifonics brx 2400

Sky High 1/0 ofc power and ground wire

Sky High 8 gauge ofc speaker wire

Focal auditor 5 1/4 front component speakers

Focal integration 6x9 rear deck speakers

Stock 160amp alt

Posted

6 cubes after displacement

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

Posted

My trunk isn't that big so I would be at 6 cubes gross. It would be more around 5 cubes net after the sub and the port displacement. Maybe a little less

2011 Chrysler 200s

Sundown zv4 12 rev2

2.75ft3 box tuned 32hertz

Hifonics brx 2400

Sky High 1/0 ofc power and ground wire

Sky High 8 gauge ofc speaker wire

Focal auditor 5 1/4 front component speakers

Focal integration 6x9 rear deck speakers

Stock 160amp alt

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8505 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...