Whats A Db Drag?

Guest Powered By Hate

Whats the big deal? Its not like I'm doing this alone.. I do have helpful advice from the people around me. The 10k watts fell into my lap.. Lol now im fishy. What am I doing? cheating? =] Whats suspicious about having 10k watts in your first stereo? I hated car audio until I saw a video of one of em burping.. That was cool. I just thought there was like a 5 min show down or something til someone starts losing power or catches fire.. Ive been reading the rules and I dont think I'm gonna fit into a normal class.. even at my first competition (when the cars done..) I just wanna make sure its right =] Also know what I'm dealing with in terms of db drag rules etc..

If you're doing stuff like cement, steel reinforcing, 18v you'll be in the Extreme class (appropriately named)

The rules are pretty liberal in there but there's a few you have to watch out for, just have a really good read of the rulebook and make sure you fit in somewhere :)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Guest Powered By Hate
If you're doing stuff like cement, steel reinforcing, 18v you'll be in the Extreme class (appropriately named)

The rules are pretty liberal in there but there's a few you have to watch out for, just have a really good read of the rulebook and make sure you fit in somewhere :)

Anyone hitting like 170 in that class?

Anyone hitting like 170 in that class?

Extreme? oh hell yeah! that's the norm, they already pushing 181 db's... last year Alan Dante did 180+ one 1 woofer,. That class is crazy :wacko: ... you can do Super Street, you can charge you battery's up to 18.4V and then wait until it drops to 18v and then hit it?

2007 1st West Coast Regional Champ S/Max 157.3Db

2008 1st West Coast Regional Champ S/Max 158.8Db

2009 160db is my Goal!!!

Stetsom's West Coast Rep

Team Stetsom

Guest Powered By Hate
Extreme? oh hell yeah! that's the norm, they already pushing 181 db's... last year Alan Dante did 180+ one 1 woofer,. That class is crazy :wacko: ... you can do Super Street, you can charge you battery's up to 18.4V and then wait until it drops to 18v and then hit it?

Concrete.. thats super street? Well damn.. The prolly wont have much of an interior left stock.. everything will be box.. Like mad foam and steel.

Edited by Powered By Hate

Concrete.. thats super street? Well damn.. The prolly wont have much of an interior left stock.. everything will be box.. Like mad foam and steel.

Super street you can't really touch the car in front of the B-Pillar.

If you wanna get a bit crazy up front you have to run with the big boys in Extreme.

You'll have a hard time getting 170+ with only 10kw and a single 15" :( 160s should be achievable though.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

So if the equipment in your sig is what your gonna run then that should work out fine. Not sure how your gonna charge an 18 volt set up in a civic but, if there is will there is a way. If you keep the build behind the "B" pillar you'll stay in Super Street. If your box and equipment all sits below the doors window line then you'll be in Super Street No Wall. If you go above then you'll be in Super Street 1-2. OH and in front of the "B" pillar has to remain stock/oem. That means door panels (mods ok) carpet, headliner and dash must reamain. The seats may be removed at the shows but, must show that they can still go back in. Not to mention the car has to drive in and out of the lanes.

We've been doing this for a while and we're still learning. Its not for everyone. A lot of people think its a waste of equipment and a bunch of noise. Until you start getting technical then you turn into a Car Audio Geek (you know who you are). But I think if your car audio enthusiasts and want to hang out with some others who share in the same passion, then come on out and check out a show. I know we go out to have a good time and play our stereos.

Guest Powered By Hate
So if the equipment in your sig is what your gonna run then that should work out fine. Not sure how your gonna charge an 18 volt set up in a civic but, if there is will there is a way. If you keep the build behind the "B" pillar you'll stay in Super Street. If your box and equipment all sits below the doors window line then you'll be in Super Street No Wall. If you go above then you'll be in Super Street 1-2. OH and in front of the "B" pillar has to remain stock/oem. That means door panels (mods ok) carpet, headliner and dash must reamain. The seats may be removed at the shows but, must show that they can still go back in. Not to mention the car has to drive in and out of the lanes.

We've been doing this for a while and we're still learning. Its not for everyone. A lot of people think its a waste of equipment and a bunch of noise. Until you start getting technical then you turn into a Car Audio Geek (you know who you are). But I think if your car audio enthusiasts and want to hang out with some others who share in the same passion, then come on out and check out a show. I know we go out to have a good time and play our stereos.

Well I dont think its all good fit.. the box has gotta be huge. I have an opertunity to get a brand new atomic 15 apx for 250 bucks. Is that a very cost effective way to gain db's?