Whats A Db Drag?

Guest Powered By Hate

there are different classes...and u basically just play a tone for a few seconds (what they call burping) to see who is the loudest....

bassrace has different classes, but its your average score over 30 seconds on music

i likes me some audio stuff...

I guess you could say it revolves around a hobbie.

The main goal is to see who can be the loudest but there is really alot of work involved.

Lots of testing and testing and changing things more testing and comming up with new ideas.

Some of the people I used to work with we would install all day then they would stay at the shop till the early hours of the mornning testing and trying new ideas all season long.

Its like anyother hobby its something we enjoy and we love doing it.

Becuase of that we get acouple of bonuses like getting to compete in competition with others and becuase of the extreme nature of it, DB drag has forced the manufactures to desighn new technology witch is a big deal.

Look at the Kicker Warhorse an amp that stays above 90% efficient or the the RF T15,000 watter that only consumes 350 amps of current while playing music.

People say its not possible.

DB drag helped in one way or another to push these engineers to design these type of products witch inturn latter will filter down to the consumer level one day.

This is just an example of what its all about.

If you only knew the dedication that these competitors have for this you would be amazed.

The only way you will really know what its all about is to go hang out in a shop with these guys night after night and watch them tare thier vehicles down and rebuild and then to it again after the next comp.

I'am going to stop there becuase I could type all night on what its all about.

This is just the start....

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

I've watched a few videos but I dont get it... What is going on there? I see whos loudest the wins but someone explain it to me please =]

I feel its really more about the behind the scenes stuff over anything else.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

Guest Powered By Hate
I guess you could say it revolves around a hobbie.

The main goal is to see who can be the loudest but there is really alot of work involved.

Lots of testing and testing and changing things more testing and comming up with new ideas.

Some of the people I used to work with we would install all day then they would stay at the shop till the early hours of the mornning testing and trying new ideas all season long.

Its like anyother hobby its something we enjoy and we love doing it.

Becuase of that we get acouple of bonuses like getting to compete in competition with others and becuase of the extreme nature of it, DB drag has forced the manufactures to desighn new technology witch is a big deal.

Look at the Kicker Warhorse an amp that stays above 90% efficient or the the RF T15,000 watter that only consumes 350 amps of current while playing music.

People say its not possible, but DB drag helped in one way or another to push these engineers to design these type of products witch inturn latter will filter down to the consumer level one day.

This is just an example of what its all about.

If you only knew the dedication that these competitors have for this you would be amazed.

The only way you will really know what its all about is to go hang out in a shop with these guys night after night and watch them tare thier vehicles down and rebuild and then to it again after the next comp.

I'am going to stop there becuase I could type all night on what its all about.

This is just the start....

I know it aint no joke.. I aint scared. =] Who needs a life when I could be staying outta trouble in the back yard.. beatin. Mmm. My buddy tells me I'm gonna hear so many test tones they'll start pissing you off without words. Is there a site I can find the classes?

www.termpro.com

The DB drag official site.

Terryswork001.png

I've watched a few videos but I dont get it... What is going on there? I see whos loudest the wins but someone explain it to me please =]

you have 10k watts on a 18 volt set up and you dont know what db drag is? HMmmm something sounds fishy :blink:

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

Guest Powered By Hate
you have 10k watts on a 18 volt set up and you dont know what db drag is? HMmmm something sounds fishy :blink:

Whats the big deal? Its not like I'm doing this alone.. I do have helpful advice from the people around me. The 10k watts fell into my lap.. Lol now im fishy. What am I doing? cheating? =] Whats suspicious about having 10k watts in your first stereo? I hated car audio until I saw a video of one of em burping.. That was cool. I just thought there was like a 5 min show down or something til someone starts losing power or catches fire.. Ive been reading the rules and I dont think I'm gonna fit into a normal class.. even at my first competition (when the cars done..) I just wanna make sure its right =] Also know what I'm dealing with in terms of db drag rules etc..

Edited by Powered By Hate

Whats the big deal? Its not like I'm doing this alone.. I do have helpful advice from the people around me. The 10k watts fell into my lap.. Lol now im fishy. What am I doing? cheating? =]

never mind you obvoisly didnt understand me. No one said you were cheating or thats its a big deal. But what IS a big deal is 10k watts and a 18v set up, not something you see everyday. Just figured you were either joaking about not know what dbdrag is OR you dont really have the setup in your sig....if both are wrong than damn you better get out to those lanes and kick some ass!

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

Guest Powered By Hate
never mind you obvoisly didnt understand me. No one said you were cheating or thats its a big deal. But what IS a big deal is 10k watts and a 18v set up, not something you see everyday. Just figured you were either joaking about not know what dbdrag is OR you dont really have the setup in your sig....if both are wrong than damn you better get out to those lanes and kick some ass!

Have a looksie.

http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm214/PBH884/

I wasnt joking.. I just learned about all this like 3 months ago. Lol well it doesnt seem like a whole lot to me by comparison to what some of these folks got in their cars.. of vans.