jroo Posted October 21, 2015 Report Posted October 21, 2015 My local dealer started carrying DD subs and they said they have sold a bunch of the LE prefab boxes in the last couple of weeks. They didnt have anything set up to listen in the store so I will go back with a CD. From what I gather it is based on the 600 series DD subs. They have the 12" at 299 so I'm trying to figure out could I come up better or cheaper builder a box and pickinga sub, than just spending the 300? Ive got two amp to use, a JL 300/2 bridged or an old Rockford 800a2. Both are 4ohm mono but the JL is rated right at the box 300 rms and the Rockford would be about 200 to 300 over RMS. I thought I remember that DD way underrated subs, so would I be ok using the Rockford over the JL. Again, thoughts as I havent had a chance to listen yet. http://www.ddaudio.com/products/mobile-audio/enclosures/le-series http://www.ddaudio.com/products/mobile-audio/redline/600
Triticum Agricolam Posted October 21, 2015 Report Posted October 21, 2015 I bet you can do a lot better for the money by just getting a sub and building a box for it. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Massivespl Posted October 21, 2015 Report Posted October 21, 2015 Two sundown E 12s in a ported box should cost around $300. c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music 2 crossfire 8k 4 NSV3 18s 4 crescendo 10s 4 Rockford pro 6.5s Quad excessive amperage 350alts 4 juicebox 3100s
jroo Posted October 22, 2015 Author Report Posted October 22, 2015 that is the second mention of the E12. Would that be a comparable or better sub. Im only interested in a single sub so Im guessing I can get an E12 for 100 bucks or so?
Massivespl Posted October 22, 2015 Report Posted October 22, 2015 If u want a single sub get a sundown SA series. That's a nice woofer c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music 2 crossfire 8k 4 NSV3 18s 4 crescendo 10s 4 Rockford pro 6.5s Quad excessive amperage 350alts 4 juicebox 3100s
Triticum Agricolam Posted October 22, 2015 Report Posted October 22, 2015 Both the SA-12 and E-12 are good subs though they are going to have pretty different performance. Your goals for your system will determine which will be better for your application. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Inetba Posted October 24, 2015 Report Posted October 24, 2015 Sorry for the late reply. I have the DD LE-08 and I paid $175 for it, so $299 for the 12 seems really high. At that price there are much better options.Here's a youtube video of the DD-LE-08. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrCocoS2NIsThey both have the same power handling but the LE-08 is small enough to fit in a spare tire compartment if needed.I hit about 133 db @ 48hz with that little box which is impressive. You'll impress someone with a stock audio system, but anyone with over 500 watts won't be impressed.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.