forrest_siems Posted October 23, 2015 Report Posted October 23, 2015 I've got a zv4 15 on an 1800 audiopipe. I've been reading around and it seems like they can take it? I've seen 2 on an ns-1. Right now it's either the scv 2000 or the 3000. Will this driver be able to take 3000 watts. Will be ran on 240amp alt and gains will be set with an o-scope or dd-1, whichever I get ahold of first. I really want this thing to jump out of the box. My audiopoop amp sounds like s**t and I don't feel like it's 1800 watts. I need more power!
mcfalcon Posted October 23, 2015 Report Posted October 23, 2015 Do you have some batteries to go with that 240? Still learning but have started gathering.
Massivespl Posted October 23, 2015 Report Posted October 23, 2015 Yea get the 3k... We were clamps around 6k per pair of zv4s daily... Clean signal c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music 2 crossfire 8k 4 NSV3 18s 4 crescendo 10s 4 Rockford pro 6.5s Quad excessive amperage 350alts 4 juicebox 3100s
forrest_siems Posted October 23, 2015 Author Report Posted October 23, 2015 Do you have some batteries to go with that 240?Yeah right now I have a red top up front and hc-2000 in the rear. Only running 4ga for the 1800. Big 3 has been done with knu 0 gauge. I will replace that 4ga with 0ga throughout when I install the new amp. Maybe I could use another battery in the rear if I go with the 3000? What I'm asking is, am I going to pop that zv4 on 3000?
forrest_siems Posted October 23, 2015 Author Report Posted October 23, 2015 Yea get the 3k... We were clamps around 6k per pair of zv4s daily... Clean signalHow did they handle it thermally?
Miguels Posted October 23, 2015 Report Posted October 23, 2015 How accurate are your clamping methods? I know they can take more but I wouldn't recommend it. I wouldn't want people blowing up gear then coming back to me talking shit.. People who put bigger amps on subs and don't blow them might be doing something different, like wiring at a higher ohm load or setting the gains lower. Also take into account how long they play them. Even a 100 watt sub can take 10000 but the question is for how long? People who always say I'm feeding my subs double the power and they can take it. Well 3 years later they are reconing them because something failed. Only run more power to your sub if you know what you're doing and know your system and it's limits my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
forrest_siems Posted October 23, 2015 Author Report Posted October 23, 2015 This is my daily driver as well. So music will be played.
Miguels Posted October 23, 2015 Report Posted October 23, 2015 If you get the 3 k keep the gain low. Any mistake will blow that sub. Even if you set it clean the music you play might not be and can cause failure my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
forrest_siems Posted October 23, 2015 Author Report Posted October 23, 2015 If you get the 3 k keep the gain low. Any mistake will blow that sub. Even if you set it clean the music you play might not be and can cause failureI guess they have a rating for a reason. Hopefully that scv will give me a little more than 2000. Since it does rated at 12v supposedly. Sounds like I'll save money in the long run to go that route as well. Hopefully it's louder than my audiopoop
Massivespl Posted October 23, 2015 Report Posted October 23, 2015 Yea get the 3k... We were clamps around 6k per pair of zv4s daily... Clean signalHow did they handle it thermally? Clamp 3k is pretty much at there limits. Lol but clamping 3k and using a 3k amp are totally different. Zv4 will eat up a saz3k daily c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music 2 crossfire 8k 4 NSV3 18s 4 crescendo 10s 4 Rockford pro 6.5s Quad excessive amperage 350alts 4 juicebox 3100s
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.