Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

1 vs 2 Subs


Cboeger

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have two older subs, Mb Quarts RWE302s, I also have a mono amp thats rated 650+/- true power at 2 ohms. My question is, these subs are rated at 500RMS each, but obviously only 325+/- RMS is being powered to them. If I took one sub out and just did 1 sub at 650RMS, theoretically one sub wouldn't be louder then both of the subs at 325+/-RMS even though that one is being pushed hard?

Posted

i would do two subs.. and upgrade power down the round.. still think two subs will be louder with that power

Thats what I figured just due to having xmax x 2, I was only wondering because If its beneficial to just run one and be louder, I'd also gain trunk space, but trunk space really isn't a neccessity for me, it's just useful every once in a blue moon.

Posted

All else being equal, putting the same power into one sub vs two will cost you 3 db of output (in theory). You will probably lose more output than than in practice due to power compression.

Also, those are 2 ohm DVC subs. There is no way to wire one to give you a 2 ohm load, since your amp is only 2 ohm stable (I assume) you will have to wire to 4 ohms which means you won't be getting anywhere near the 600 watts you get now.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2355 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...