So i just bought this truck and put my system in the back seat... The problem im having is that i am unable to reach even half volume without the headliner/center controls on the roof vibrating 3-4 inchs. Ide really like to avoid having to replace it due to broken clips ect does anyone know a way to stiffen it up easily.

My system if it matters consists of 2 15inch rockford p3 in a custom ported box powered by a hifonics 2k rms amp and a set of 12inch junk speakers in a sealed factory box powered by another hifonics 2k rms amp. 15's are facing the front seat and 12's are on top of the 15's facing the ceiling.

What I did for mine (2003 Tahoe) was hot glue the controls portion to the housing that clips into the roof. No more vibrating. But that only works for the front, because the rear A/C controls have to be removed first before removing the housing because there's two screws above it, so hot glueing that one in place is out of the question, but I might do it anyways since it's fairly easy to remove dried hot glue.

Archived