Second Skin Audio

Need bandpass box plans and ideas

IzZy2Loud4U

I have 2 15 audioque sdcs that are currently in a nasty ported box with a 10 inch aero port. Curious about putting them in a bandpass box walled behind the back seat in my blazer utilizing the 10" port. What would you guys recommend a 2 to 1 ratio what freq. And what size for the sealed section. For a reference I loved my dd 2512s at 41 hz ported for a daily spl build. I've yet to build a bandpass.

First off, when it comes to bandpass box design, ratios are dumb. They are an oversimplification and they imply that making the rear chamber smaller has the same effect as making the front chamber larger and vice versa, which is completely untrue.

Secondly, I'm going to quote CleanSierra: If the purpose of building a 4th BP is to experiment, let loose and get at it. If you're BOUND by some sort of constraints that ONLY allows a bandpass enclosure, I understand and see the need. If you're wanting a bandpass because you think it will hammer lows or be a flatter response or thinking it will outperform a standard ported enclosure(which is a 4th order btw), move on and forget it.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived