Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer Setup Suggestions

cjm86

I'm starting a build with tax returns and I was gonna go with SoundQubed subs but I changed my mind (which I may do again) and decided to go with DC, mostly because they require small boxes. I've narrowed it down to 3 setups to choose from. Whatever I pick with be powered by a Q1-4500. Out of these choices what do you guys think will be the loudest to the ear, but also sound good? I'm not chasing numbers. Car is a 2005 2dr Cavalier.

(3) Level 4 10s (All options)

(2) XL 12s (All options)

(1) Level 6 15 (All options)

The 10s and 12s would be facing into the cab and trunk would be sealed off. I would like to do the same to the 15 if possible (I hate trunk rattle), otherwise the 15 would be sub up, port back.

This is probably going to get flagged as a vs thread, which are not allowed. Here are some things to think about:

1. Nobody can tell you for sure what will be loudest, there is just too many variables.

2. If you don't need to put that power to one sub, I would recommend dividing that power up amongst multiple coils vs trying to push it all to one 15"

3. Two 12"s has the highest amount of cone area of your three choices.

4. Firing subs up in a trunk car is no bueno.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

ill say that 1 and 2 will be louder than 3.... and 1 and 2 might be a tie.... I hang with a couple people that run single 15 XL's and its plenty.... yes its way louder than my lvl3 12 but those same people are impressed with my systems sound because of the large amount of cabin space.... I also went with 1.75 net tuned at 33hz and I am feeding this thing power like a buffet..... either option you decide I cant see DC letting you down as long as you can feed it tons of juice

j0gw7d.jpg

hello

I think this threads not vs because its the same brand but idk

This all comes down to personal preference

but that level 6 can take a minimum of 4500 watts 9000 PEAK and youre talking about one Q4500 so that might not be enough to really get the full potential

Personally I like a single level 5 15" mostly because I currently run a 15" SP4 and love it

And the level 5 is a proven winner

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/178103-ubl-project-dgaf-the-smdc-audio-tercel-4-15-lvl-5-walled-18v-dc-audio-90ks-early-spl-results-pg-2-detachable-podium-page-3-43015/

anyways goodluck with your decision!

Archived