Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer Setup Suggestions

cjm86

ill say that 1 and 2 will be louder than 3.... and 1 and 2 might be a tie.... I hang with a couple people that run single 15 XL's and its plenty.... yes its way louder than my lvl3 12 but those same people are impressed with my systems sound because of the large amount of cabin space.... I also went with 1.75 net tuned at 33hz and I am feeding this thing power like a buffet..... either option you decide I cant see DC letting you down as long as you can feed it tons of juice

j0gw7d.jpg

that hifonics is a buffet?

rusty said do not give it more than 1200rms.... my amp on amp test tuesday did 1700 so yes its a buffet

It really must be the best bang for my buck then.

2 12s trunk wall

This is what I'm leaning mostly toward. My last setup was (2) HDS210s on about 1000 watts, so (2) XL 12s on 4500 watts is a major step up.

I also sprung for the AR Cone upgrade.... not really sure what it does but I love it.... its so stiff I cant see this thing ever unloading.... when I play something way below tuning its scarey but nothing bottoms out

2 12s trunk wall

This is what I'm leaning mostly toward. My last setup was (2) HDS210s on about 1000 watts, so (2) XL 12s on 4500 watts is a major step up.

I also sprung for the AR Cone upgrade.... not really sure what it does but I love it.... its so stiff I cant see this thing ever unloading.... when I play something way below tuning its scarey but nothing bottoms out

Good to hear. I plan on getting the AR cone too. And the CF Dustcap just cause its purdy. It'll be a slow build (security doesn't pay that well. Lol) but Im getting the subs and amp with tax returns. Gotta love being married with 2 kids. Lol Large tax return.

Archived