Second Skin Audio

Box for 2 Sundown E10s

rhcpepper7

Whats the smallest box i could make 2 ported E10s to? I would want it tuned to 32hz. max depth i can go is 21 inches....if the ports were under the 2 subs could i save room on the width? I want the width to be as short as possible and height can be whatever to accommodate. they have a recommended. ported box size of 1 cubic foot each with a displacement of .11 cubic feet each. I would prefer box to have subs facing forward with the port under subs to save on width. I really dont want width to be more then 26-28 inches.

If someone could help with box design it would be greatly appreciated.

A larger box will result if tuning is lowered, anyways higher tuning makes you louder in that bigger vehicle so unless you listen to really low tuned stuff you may do better with a little higher tuning, your choice, let me know.

Yes i would like a tuning of 33 hz. Would you be able to keep the width at 24 inch and depth at 20-21 but increase the height of the box to achieve the 32 hz and the little more volume needed? I dont care what the height of the box is, thanks.

Also would i acually be able to place the subs forward rather then firing up in the air? (just so i would be able to store stuff on top of the subwoofer box)

I really appreciate the help!

Edit my amp does not have a subsonic filter. It is a JL JX 1000.1D is that ok? Have you heard anything about this amp? i haven't used it yet.

Archived