tayodell41 Posted October 30, 2015 Report Posted October 30, 2015 Looking for other Camry owners for inspiration
Lakeshow94 Posted October 30, 2015 Report Posted October 30, 2015 I did a basic one in a 98. 2000 rms to a meso 15 and 400 to components and 6x9s. How big of a build are you trying todo? 1999 Lexus GS 300 Pioneer DEH-80PRS Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later) Northstar Group 31 & 24 Sundown SCV-4000 Rockford T400-4 2 12" CT Sound Meso CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components CT Sounds Tropo 6.5
tayodell41 Posted October 30, 2015 Author Report Posted October 30, 2015 Just looking for musical build and hopefully hit close to a 147-148. I already have DD 6.5s in the doors and DD 6x9s running on a DD 4 channel. Sky high 0 guage (1 run currently, have enough wire to do 2) and a C&D 140 ah battery in the back. Right now I'm thinking about doing a fourth order for two HDS312s and running about 2200-2500 rms to the pair
Lakeshow94 Posted October 30, 2015 Report Posted October 30, 2015 How do you plan to get into the cabin? Typically it would get noticeably louder with the seats down. I've heard of people removing the back seats and building into the trunk but I wanted to still keep mine as a passenger car. If I didn't that sounds like a fun build though. 1999 Lexus GS 300 Pioneer DEH-80PRS Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later) Northstar Group 31 & 24 Sundown SCV-4000 Rockford T400-4 2 12" CT Sound Meso CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components CT Sounds Tropo 6.5
tayodell41 Posted October 30, 2015 Author Report Posted October 30, 2015 Yeah the backseats fold down and I've always done that with every other system I've had. I plan on doing a square port that would blow straight into the cabin
Wasteland_Audio Posted October 30, 2015 Report Posted October 30, 2015 if you're comfortable with it you could always build the box in the trunk and port it out the rear deck, that would give you the seats-down sound while keeping the back seats intact. then you could run a single 15 and hit those numbers.
tayodell41 Posted October 30, 2015 Author Report Posted October 30, 2015 Seats down is not a problem. I don't even have the bottom seat installed right now
Lakeshow94 Posted October 30, 2015 Report Posted October 30, 2015 The one issue with porting through the rear deck is stability/no 6x9s. Unless you do door pods in the back or a really high powered from stage the bass drowns it out 1999 Lexus GS 300 Pioneer DEH-80PRS Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later) Northstar Group 31 & 24 Sundown SCV-4000 Rockford T400-4 2 12" CT Sound Meso CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components CT Sounds Tropo 6.5
Lakeshow94 Posted October 30, 2015 Report Posted October 30, 2015 I never metered my camry when I had the system in that though. I did end up popping the back window and cracking the mirror off in the front as well as the back left actuator went out after i ran around town playing full tilt for awhile. . I doubt that is any indicator of the db (could of just been a bad back window/actuator). 1999 Lexus GS 300 Pioneer DEH-80PRS Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later) Northstar Group 31 & 24 Sundown SCV-4000 Rockford T400-4 2 12" CT Sound Meso CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components CT Sounds Tropo 6.5
tayodell41 Posted October 30, 2015 Author Report Posted October 30, 2015 Yeah I don't want to lose any midbass by getting rid of my 6x9s, which is why I just put the seats down. Ideally I'll do a square port 4th order and seal the port off from the trunk
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.