2005 Mazda 3 Hatchback - Daily Family Car

Hey first post, but what better way to say hello than to post up what I have?

I'm in Canada where electronics cost as least triple but I managed to come up with an Alpine setup that fit in my budget and didn't take up too much space.

My goals were to still have 60% of the hatch available to put things in, to have it sound clear as loud as I will ever listen, and to finally have some bass in my car. My child rides in the back seat and enjoys music so decent speakers in the rear as well.

Here's the car: 2005 Mazda 3 Sport GT with 5% Tint in the rear and those silly stick on side bumpers removed.

rmMOqwo.jpg

Head Unit: Alpine CDE-W265BT - non touchscreen double din - mostly used with iphone connected. (Engine is off in this photo)

xNTkxQM.jpg

Speakers: Alpine Type R 6.5 Components up front and 6x8 coax in the rear doors. Stealth Mounted for the stock look. Better to not remind wife of cost of things.

WY2OM0x.jpg

Sub/Amp: Alpine SWS-15D4 and PDR-V75 5 channel amp

Goal here was to still be able to use the hatch for things and be able to fold down the 60% section of the 60/40 split while keeping the sub and amp somewhat safe from being hit by groceries/whatever.

CX6a1Jj.jpg

Another shot, but for some reason camera turned everything greeny-blue.

TFDYNWW.jpg

Birth sheet for amp because why not? Chose amp because of size and I liked the idea of a solid class D amp on my stock electrical.

eibN9RL.jpg

Anyways - thanks for checking it out. Have lurked here forever but thought it was time to say Hi.

mD9lKMX.jpg

I like this - clean and factory looking (to some point). Perfect for a family car with some bass!

I like this - clean and factory looking (to some point). Perfect for a family car with some bass!

Just checked out your hatchback build. If I had done a box like yours filling my entire hatch I would never hear the end of it. I really like what you did with the tweeter pods.

Doing a sealed box for the 15" Type S I only needed 1.2-2 Cu. Ft. I settled for 1.6 and it's decent. It's actually the first sealed box I have built so I had no idea what to expect for how it would sound.

Archived