You know the alt is not exchangeable or just guessing? Are you really gonna let a $450 alt stop you? Do you really want get more horsepower?

thats just a guess but yeah my audio build has been a very long project and the alt was a very big deal to me that i waited a long time before life quit kicking me in the teeth and i was able to save up and get it lol

What I kinda meant was as you stated Singer is kick ass. I'm sure he wouldn't do a 100% exchange but it may be worth talking to him about.

Still learning but have started gathering.

Alternator location on the H and F series motor doesn't change through those years. The H22 is a good motor, it's just expensive due to high demand (every honda guy wants it). especially if you buy the one that came in the 5th gen prelude and not the 4th (beware of the 97-99 auto transmissions) ....If you still have to pass emissions, and this isn't a project car you'll probably want the OBD2. I hope you know someone who will pass the inspection with the high flow cat because it won't without tripping the downstream o2 (unless you modded it). Check out the F20B also. It has less horsepower than the H22, (only by 20) but it's cheaper and DOHC. Comes out of the Euro accord SiR-T

at the end of the day man, we're talking about spending CASH, for a difference of 50-100 horses. You kind of have to figure out if your willing to drop literal thousands on either turbocharging your existing motor (how many miles are on it? Do you want to rebuild it?), or swapping in another motor and probably turbocharging that one...because the difference of these motors is really not that much (H22a is 200 hp, F20B is 180 hp, yours is 150 hp)

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

40hp on a light car makes a lot of difference

depends what you call light I guess....these cars come in at 3k-3100 pounds....plus a 300 lb. system

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Archived