WE-B-THPN Posted November 19, 2015 Report Posted November 19, 2015 Ok so I'm looking to upgrade and don't know if I should do 4 psi 12s or 2 psi 18s, platform 1 or 2 It's going to be a tight fit in a Datsun 720, yes I know it's a small truck but I love this little truck going to build it for the next 3 years and probably never sell it, and like being different and unique but anyway what would you recommend, and what would have a better chance at a 150 And the biggest box I could probably fit and still sit comfortable is like 8.5 cubes might be able to do 9
Subwoofer Stokes Posted November 19, 2015 Report Posted November 19, 2015 4 12s prolly won't need as much space as 2 18s. At least imo. 2 18s have almost 50 sq in more of cone area than 4 12s <p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone
Subwoofer Stokes Posted November 19, 2015 Report Posted November 19, 2015 I'd say 4 12s in the 9 cubes over 2 18s in 9. Shit Im fixing to have my 1 18 in 8 cubes when I swap ports. It's in 6.8 now. <p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone
JeepAndBassXJ Posted November 19, 2015 Report Posted November 19, 2015 2 18's want 12-14 cubes and lots of port to do well, my last setup was 2 soundqubed HDC3 18's on a single 3.5k and was doing 152s at 1/4 ohm YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JeepAndBass Website: https://www.jeepandbass.com/ My Jeep: 157.3dB @26hz Drag Style 162.3dB @36Hz Outlaw 160.7db @35hz Headrest My Honda: 155.4dB Drag Style 158.0db Outlaw
Prosp3ctor Posted November 19, 2015 Report Posted November 19, 2015 I think you'll be super happy either way so I would go with whichever one is cheaper.
WE-B-THPN Posted November 19, 2015 Author Report Posted November 19, 2015 Do you guys think 4 12s could get in the range I want Still don't know power just yet but defiantly 4krms or higher but I plan on getting a 300+amp alt, and acouple extra batteries probably xs, so volt drop and power shouldn't be and issue and the cab of the truck is small
WE-B-THPN Posted November 19, 2015 Author Report Posted November 19, 2015 I think you'll be super happy either way so I would go with whichever one is cheaper.Funny you say that cuz the 18s would probably be cheaper but their right I won't have enough space
kirill007 Posted November 19, 2015 Report Posted November 19, 2015 I'm assuming 8.5-9 cubes is without any displacements included. So after displacements you are probably closer to 7cubes. Thinking is the root of all problems... You ALWAYS get what you pay for.
WE-B-THPN Posted November 19, 2015 Author Report Posted November 19, 2015 I'm assuming 8.5-9 cubes is without any displacements included. So after displacements you are probably closer to 7cubes. No 8.5 - 9 would be after displacement, I could go bigger it's just a matter of being comfortable
Yannick Pons Posted November 19, 2015 Report Posted November 19, 2015 Ok so I'm looking to upgrade and don't know if I should do 4 psi 12s or 2 psi 18s, platform 1 or 2 It's going to be a tight fit in a Datsun 720, yes I know it's a small truck but I love this little truck going to build it for the next 3 years and probably never sell it, and like being different and unique but anyway what would you recommend, and what would have a better chance at a 150 And the biggest box I could probably fit and still sit comfortable is like 8.5 cubes might be able to do 9 In my opinion, if we don't consider the cuft difference between 4 12" and 2 18", I'd choose 4 12", more punch with those little things and easier to manipulate and implement, you can do pretty much more things with 12"s than 18"s. Also if you work good there's absolutely no problem to hit 150 with 2 18" or 4 12". Anyway I don't have much experience with 18"s, I'm gonna try this winter, so I hope I helped you and you'll do the best choice for you
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.