JTS1234 Posted November 19, 2015 Report Posted November 19, 2015 So I'm in the market to get another system. I've had 2 different 15s since summer and want to do 2 12s. I need help finding the best bang for my bucks. I'm able to build a box but don't want to spend over 300 for the subs total. It's going to be in the back of my Ford Fusion.
Triticum Agricolam Posted November 19, 2015 Report Posted November 19, 2015 Whats the max dimensions of your space and what amp are you going to be using? So you have $300 total for two subs? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
bmwking Posted November 19, 2015 Report Posted November 19, 2015 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA08C29R9116&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Car+Subwoofers-_-9SIA08C29R9116&gclid=Cj0KEQiAg7ayBRD8qqSGt-fj6uYBEiQAucjOwYNbSpOYiD0NMLvJgA5o6unKOoCdJr5XjYLM8lFTJxcaAiIG8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds American Bass XFL 12 dual 4 ohm. I realize you said you only have $300 for subs, but maybe you can find the extra $40 to go for these. I personally bought 2 of them from newegg in the last 2 months and can tell you they are the current model with the 8ga direct leads. I also know that the box i have in the back of my wagon would fit in your trunk. its a box built to AB's 2-12 spl spec. what amp do you have?
JTS1234 Posted November 20, 2015 Author Report Posted November 20, 2015 I have a precision power 2600 watt amp. The trunk is 15 or 16 Inches high I haven't measured it myself yet. Im thinking about be getting 2 Soundqubed hds subwoofers.
Subwoofer Stokes Posted November 20, 2015 Report Posted November 20, 2015 Poor you could go with 1 12 for the 300 that's a better quality sub in a proper box? <p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone
Triticum Agricolam Posted November 20, 2015 Report Posted November 20, 2015 Two 12" subs is going to be a good bit more efficient than a single 12" is. If you have space for two, that would be my recommendation. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Subwoofer Stokes Posted November 20, 2015 Report Posted November 20, 2015 True if you have space <p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone
bmwking Posted November 20, 2015 Report Posted November 20, 2015 I have a precision power 2600 watt amp. The trunk is 15 or 16 Inches high I haven't measured it myself yet. Im thinking about be getting 2 Soundqubed hds subwoofers. just keep in mind that amp is rated to do 1300wrms at 1 ohm. and i doubt it actually pushes that. so if you were to get the sounqubed or even the XFLs you'd be underpowering the subs. also, you can fit a pretty decent sized box in your trunk. my buddy has a '12 fusion and its surprisingly roomy back there, just watch out for that stupid hump.
JTS1234 Posted November 20, 2015 Author Report Posted November 20, 2015 i was planning on doing 2 of the hds212 because the rms is 600 and the amp will push right at 1200-1300 ish watts and I'd be good for the time being. The only thing I'm having problems with is getting a box short enough to fit under the hump in the trunk
bmwking Posted November 20, 2015 Report Posted November 20, 2015 i was planning on doing 2 of the hds212 because the rms is 600 and the amp will push right at 1200-1300 ish watts and I'd be good for the time being. The only thing I'm having problems with is getting a box short enough to fit under the hump in the trunk yeah those would be a good choice then for your power. as for the box, you'll have to go custom to get the volume you need in the space. are you going sealed or ported?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.