Second Skin Audio

bassbox pro 6

MotorCityFats13

These are some of the graphs that I get from the box I built .... can anyone tell me what this really is saying?

I been playing around with it using different sub/box combo's and everything I throw into it seams to peak around 80hz

does not matter on box size or port tuning.... I really want to figure this program out!

This is a single DC lvl3 12" @ 1ohm 33hz tune 1.75cuft net... in theory getting between 1000-1200rms off a BE1700.1D Hifonics

ml1ahk.jpg

The plot shows the frequency response you would read if the box was playing outdoors, once the box is inside the vehicle the low end will get boosted and the plot above will be inaccurate, it's very difficult to know exactly what your frequency response will be without measuring it. The other plots are much more reliable and relevant.

Frequency response plots may help you compare subs or gain insight on a particular sub characteristics but right now many people are believing unfortunately that they just need to fire up WinISD and magically see what response they are going to get in their vehicles.

Archived