03 Ford Explorer - 4 Tantric SHDS, 2 Crossfire 8ks Flat Wall- SLOW Build

Whats up everybody? First time doing a build log. First year competing the past season. Had a 2000 Silverado with a blowthrough. Best numbers were 154 @ 34hz and 149.9X @ 25hz. 2 SHD 15s and 1 AB 1100.1 Sold the vehicle to a friend because I wanted to go bigger. So this is the biggest build I have ever done. Most of it will be done by myself with a help of a friend here and there. So enough babble lol

Equipment:

2003 Ford Explorer 4.6L

HU: Pioneer 80prs

MId and Highs: 3 Sets of Helix components in the doors and 1 in the kick panel. Will be powered by 2 TS 4 channels

Subs: 6 Fi Audio SP4 15s

Amps: 3 TS 6.5k @ .5 each

Wiring: Stinger OFC and Sky High OFC

Alternator: 320a

Batteries: 8 XS Power D2000s might be replaced by JYP lithium next year

Started the build somewhat already. It will be a slow build because of ND winter slowly approaching but I wanted to get a head start especially since there is a big call out up here for a show and over 1k at stake.

Here is the vehicle

20151122_184232_zpsesulqi4p.jpg

Engine bay was DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY. Call me picky but I hate a dirty engine. First thing people look at when they are walking by your vehicle and your hood is up

20151014_120839_zpsr0yijufz.jpg

So over time cleaned it up and made it look slightly better

20151121_173913_zpsqnellca6.jpg

Alternator installed:

20151114_172936_zpswd5wqw0q.jpg

North Dakota...

hmm, no chance you know a guy named Robert that had a single cab silverado solid axle swap on 49's do you? He was pretty big into Tantric, has a Lincoln Navigator and a few other rides... been awhile since I talked to him.

but hell yeah, Fi and Ford go hand in hand.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

That is hilarious you mention him. He is my good friend and the person who has the Silverado lol The SHD 15s were from him. He might be moving to Oklahoma soon. He just told me your Amy's brother

North Dakota...

hmm, no chance you know a guy named Robert that had a single cab silverado solid axle swap on 49's do you? He was pretty big into Tantric, has a Lincoln Navigator and a few other rides... been awhile since I talked to him.

That is hilarious you mention him. He is my good friend and the person who has the Silverado lol The SHD 15s were from him. He might be moving to Oklahoma soon

North Dakota...

Yep, that is my brother in law actually lol. If you see his son, ask him how cold that Oklahoma water was last Thanksgiving lmao.

lmao. He actually told me that story last year. I'm always kicking that kids butt in video games

That is hilarious you mention him. He is my good friend and the person who has the Silverado lol The SHD 15s were from him. He might be moving to Oklahoma soon

North Dakota...

Yep, that is my brother in law actually lol. If you see his son, ask him how cold that Oklahoma water was last Thanksgiving lmao.

He's a good kid. Really hope they do get to move down here by me. Went like 8 or 9 years without seeing my sister or niece. Robert is an awesome dude too.

He's a good kid. Really hope they do get to move down here by me. Went like 8 or 9 years without seeing my sister or niece. Robert is an awesome dude too.

Yeah between him and Steve @ Twisted. I wouldn't know half the crap I know or the drive to actually build and compete. The silverado is turning out nice so far. He will love it

Archived