Miguels Posted November 29, 2015 Report Posted November 29, 2015 adding port might not fox it either.. more ports need more length to lower the frequencies.. he needs a new redesigned enclouser because that enclouser will be too small once he starts adding port to it my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
CleanSierra Posted November 29, 2015 Report Posted November 29, 2015 Get an ACTUAL box designed from a trusted builder or designer and then try again. What is the thickness of the wood the box is made from? To upload pics, use a hosting site like Photobucket and then copy and paste the IMG tag here in a text box Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
CleanSierra Posted November 29, 2015 Report Posted November 29, 2015 adding port might not fox it either.. more ports need more length to lower the frequencies.. he needs a new redesigned enclouser because that enclouser will be too small once he starts adding port to it New enclosure is absolutely needed. Sorry if it seemed like my suggestion was suggesting that adding 7 4" PVC ports would fix the problem. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Miguels Posted November 29, 2015 Report Posted November 29, 2015 adding port might not fox it either.. more ports need more length to lower the frequencies.. he needs a new redesigned enclouser because that enclouser will be too small once he starts adding port to it New enclosure is absolutely needed. Sorry if it seemed like my suggestion was suggesting that adding 7 4" PVC ports would fix the problem. it didnt.. just stated that so he wont go in there making 7 holes on the box that will still not work my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
cvia Posted November 29, 2015 Author Report Posted November 29, 2015 Thanks everyone. I'll try to upload a picture later. I'm not used to a ported box. I had a sealed one years ago. And its 2 ports. one in each chamber.
CleanSierra Posted November 29, 2015 Report Posted November 29, 2015 If you want, I'll design you a box later when I get home tonight? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
cvia Posted November 30, 2015 Author Report Posted November 30, 2015 Yes, thanks. The problem is the size and shape needed to fit in this truck. that's why the odd shape. I built the biggest box I could to fit in the truck, and hoped it was enough air space. I appreciate the help and a design.
CleanSierra Posted November 30, 2015 Report Posted November 30, 2015 Before sub displacement and assuming you used 3/4" wood, you're at roughly 16.5 cubic feet. Those ports don't displace much airspace along with the sub in each chamber. You're probably a little over 8 cubes per sub net. I can make that work for you Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
cvia Posted November 30, 2015 Author Report Posted November 30, 2015 yes, its 3/4 mdf. divided box. 4 in diameter pvc tubes on each end. 16 inches deep into the box
cvia Posted November 30, 2015 Author Report Posted November 30, 2015 So you think there's a design to re do the way it's ported and not change the shape of the box?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.