Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Design for a 15in FI Q


Recommended Posts

Posted

coming from someone that's tuned at 28hz, and listens to a lot of decaf, slowed, etc music, tune around 32-35 if you can, I have a lot of drop off starting mid 30hz range and although I dont mind it enough to redesign a setup (due to space restrictions for the box I HAD to tune low for proper space for the subs), I wish in hind sight that I could have tuned around 33hz or 34hz after displacement to pick up some of those higher notes.

-If its loud, fast, outrageous, or all of the above, chances are i'll think its awesome.

-"No way he's OCD." -said none of the people that know me ever.

04' Suburban "Lucifer" A.K.A #Lucii (Under Construction)

4 10s on 4kW in 6cu net @~28hz

/////Alpine

Crescendo

KnuKoncepts

Optima

SHCA

Build Thread

92' JDM 325i "Stella" ~Going for sale to build a 350+hp E30~

Gutted pipes

96,000 OG KM's (59,000 mi)

-System Removed-

1 10 on 1kW

89' Gen 3 Honda Prelude SI AWS "Odis"

Bone Stock

Possibly going to stance it

Posted

So here is a suggestion, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 3 1/2", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

fi_Q152.jpg

15supb.jpg

Posted

There should be 4" clearance if you measured correctly (from the top of the back seat or at 20h), if not it can easily be done port up as well.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2395 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...