14gmc Posted December 7, 2015 Report Posted December 7, 2015 Does anyone have any info on these? I have a 14 Sierra extended cab and recently got 2 jl 10tw3 with a xd1000.5v2 amp with a alleged "custom built box" under the rear seat. I was expecting way more clearity and output from them. I am taking my whole system out (jl c5 comps and c3 coax in the back) because they installer mangled the whole truck..... Long story but I went to another shop and the guy suggested the sl710 from DD and some focal 3 way comps and coax. Any info on them or suggestions for something I could fit under the rear seat that would have some good thump would be great thanks
MrSkippyJ Posted December 7, 2015 Report Posted December 7, 2015 before you go buying all new equipment, i would try again with that equipment, but this time make sure it's installed well. You have really good equipment that should sound really good if installed well. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
14gmc Posted December 7, 2015 Author Report Posted December 7, 2015 I'm using the stock hu and the installer wired something wrong so my tweeters in the dash are blown there is an extreme lack of "punch" to my system . I feel like I have heard a Best Buy system that sounds twice as good . I have had systems before but am by no means an expert. That said this setup gets a 3 out of 10 probably mostly the installers fault
yurvalentine Posted December 7, 2015 Report Posted December 7, 2015 Most anyone who has been around the block a time or two will tell you the install matters a lot more than the equipment. Whatever you have that works is probably worth trying to use again just make sure you get them installed properly
14gmc Posted December 7, 2015 Author Report Posted December 7, 2015 Would you guys recommend the focal 3 ways over the c5's? He was going to warranty the blown speakers
yurvalentine Posted December 7, 2015 Report Posted December 7, 2015 Don't have personal experience with either, Focal has an excellent reputation and I would imagine they are the nicer drivers. It will probably be more difficult to get the 3 way sounding optimal but the end result if you did would likely be better.
MrSkippyJ Posted December 7, 2015 Report Posted December 7, 2015 is it a 3 way component set OR a 3 way coaxial? F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
14gmc Posted December 7, 2015 Author Report Posted December 7, 2015 Right now I have the jl 2way components in the front and coaxial in the back and the new setup is focal 3 way component in front and a 2 way coaxial in the back. The jl sounded ok but not 500$ okay haha. The 3 way focals are 580 ish and the new installer is going to build pods and completely block the doors he says it will be night and day difference from what I have now. The subwoofer is my main concern because I have had focal before the jl is extremely boomy and all the lows seem like one long drawn out bass note maybe the joke of a box he put in has something to do with it. I am looking for more output a friend of mine has 1 10" old school alpine type s that sounds way better than my jl it is not adding up
MrSkippyJ Posted December 7, 2015 Report Posted December 7, 2015 It's the enclosure is my guess. I still think you will be just fine with that equipment properly installed. The install is such a large part of how equipment sounds. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
14gmc Posted December 8, 2015 Author Report Posted December 8, 2015 the owner of other shop said that the jl stuff is most likely damaged otherwise I would keep it. Another question I have .... Is it bad to use the hp filter along with crossovers? Would I be able to tell if he even installed them if I shut the highpass filter off on the amp? For some reason it seems like there is a lot of bass trying to come out of the tweeters if that makes any sense . And could the bad sound quality be attributed to the factory hu or should it sound okay thanks for all the help
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.