Eskimo's DD Trailblazer (budgeted noob build)

Hey everyone. Eskimo here, thought I would share the beginning of my build with you guys. I've give a brief background on my previous rides and go from there. Back when the original f&f movie came out, I got sucked into the car scene. My first ride was a second gen eclipse that was modded by the previous owner. After totaling that, I bought a 2000 dodge neon (only manual trans they had that I liked) with every intent on modding. And boy did I mod it.

I won't bore you with all the details:

100_0863.jpg

pgampandstingercap.jpg

solobaricl7sinbox.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg

All in all, I think I spent upwards to 35,000 + for mods on this dumb thing. At the same time I was modding this vehicle, I had a 91 eclipse gsx running low 12's that was my dd. I pushed 2 eclipse titanium 12's in that car and that's when I fell in love with the brand eclipse. Even though they are no longer in production, I still browse sites for used eclipse audio, to see if I can pick stuff up at low prices, hence my current 4 channel amp and subwoofers in my trailblazer. I am familiar to the scene, but I am a complete noob when it comes to knowing what everything is, does, and how to install it. Everything I've owned before was installed by a shop. Aside from the box, I do plan on doing everything myself this build, I will be doing the trial and error route, searching and learning, asking and receiving constructive criticism. Feel free to chime in, or give ideas or question my ability. I won't take any offense.

Now that you have a little back ground on me, I'll jump right into my plans, and follow up with pictures and updates and all of that jazz.

Head Unit: Pioneer 80prs

Highs: DD AT28

Mids: 2x DD AW3 + 4x DD AW6.5

Lows: 1x DD3518SC

Enclosure : 6.25 cubic feet

tuning : 31hz

port area : 81 squared"

bandwidth : 23 hz -> 64hz

Sub amp: DD M1D

Mid/high amp(s): TBD - New amp line ups TBD sometime in 2016.

I plan on building my own amp rack box, utilizing a few stinger 12v cross flow fans to help cool them and some plexiglas with neons to show them off. I'll be putting the tweeters into either the a pillars or b pillars, haven't decided yet. The AW3s will be going underneath the dash, and the 6.5s in the stock door locations with cutouts to show them off. I will most likely be bolting the doors in to help with vibrating, as well as matting the entire car and removing the rear windshield wiper. After I am completely done with this expensive sound make-over. I plan on updating the outward appearance of the car to my liking as well.

04trailblazer

XS d3400

XS xp3000

Pioneer 80prs

2 pairs of DD AW6.5 mids

2 pairs of DD AT28 tweeters

DD SS4A

DD M1D

DD 3518sc in custom kerf port box

2 runs Tspec 0/1 wire

Here are some preliminary pictures of my system. I have the head unit in and wires ran to the stock harness behind the radio. I ran into a hiccup when trying to run directly to the doors with a clip on wire harness in each door blocking the hole. I only had 1 day off work to try and install everything so I didn't have time to try anything spectacular.

20151206_113531.jpg

20151209_211355.jpg

As you can see above, it was getting dark, so I was rushed. It doesn't look pretty yet, as I don't have the new subwoofer box in yet, I just tried to throw everything together and pray it worked. It did. So far all the little things like wire running, are done. I pretty much only have to upgrade speakers and money permits. The custom work will come in the new year, when I'm not working 12 hour shifts, 6 sometimes 7 days a week.

The same night I finished the amp install. Look what came in!

a859a93d-fc8d-4a39-8953-9419e3929c2c.jpg

Let's see what's inside!

20151209_183148.jpg

:slayer:

20151209_183356.jpg

Got together with my local DD dealer and we came up with this box design for my trailblazer.

IMG_5023.png

Going to throw one of the bar grills on that and I believe he said it was going to be two tone. We'll find out by the end of next week sometime. That's all for now, stay tuned for more!

04trailblazer

XS d3400

XS xp3000

Pioneer 80prs

2 pairs of DD AW6.5 mids

DD SS4A

DD M1D

2 runs Tspec 0/1 wire

Hey everyone. Eskimo here, thought I would share the beginning of my build with you guys. I've give a brief background on my previous rides and go from there. Back when the original f&f movie came out, I got sucked into the car scene. My first ride was a second gen eclipse that was modded by the previous owner. After totaling that, I bought a 2000 dodge neon (only manual trans they had that I liked) with every intent on modding. And boy did I mod it.

100_0863.jpg

All in all, I think I spent upwards to 35,000 + for mods on this dumb thing.

Those are some ugly ass car models. They've really dropped standards lol

Do you mind sharing what 35k in modifications you have done? Seems like quite a bit for a 2000 dodge neon

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

100_0863.jpg

All in all, I think I spent upwards to 35,000 + for mods on this dumb thing.

Those are some ugly ass car models. They've really dropped standards lol

Do you mind sharing what 35k in modifications you have done? Seems like quite a bit for a 2000 dodge neon

That was back in 04/05 lol.

Here is the build log on the neon since you asked. Sometimes I ended up spending double money on things because i didnt get what i wanted the first time. Typical for an 18 year old with unearned money to blow.

http://forum.2gn.org/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=286

04trailblazer

XS d3400

XS xp3000

Pioneer 80prs

2 pairs of DD AW6.5 mids

DD SS4A

DD M1D

2 runs Tspec 0/1 wire

I really like DD's 3500 series subs. Looks like a nice digital designs build all around.

I'd suggest mounting the amps on something other than the sub box or make sure they have some kind of vibration suppression between the amp and the sub box, like spring loaded standoffs.

I really like DD's 3500 series subs. Looks like a nice digital designs build all around.

I'd suggest mounting the amps on something other than the sub box or make sure they have some kind of vibration suppression between the amp and the sub box, like spring loaded standoffs.

Yeah, I plan on building a seperate enclosure for the amps, I've already ran into an issue with the subs vibrating the strapped switch down just enough to lose my bass and freak me the fuck out. Went about a week without bass till I found out what actually happened.

And as for the hp/tq , I totally did the build wrong. I did things out of order and didn't do everything I should. I had a stage 2 turbo installed, blew the motor, bought a 2.4 motor in hopes of swapping, never happened, just fully built the current motor, then never upgraded the fuel system so I could up the boost. Shame on me for not knowing what I was doing, it also doesn't help that I lost my license for a couple years and didn't drive due to irresponsibility and playing Wow 24/7 for a whole year. Things could have been different lol

04trailblazer

XS d3400

XS xp3000

Pioneer 80prs

2 pairs of DD AW6.5 mids

DD SS4A

DD M1D

2 runs Tspec 0/1 wire

204 whp and 747 ft/lbs??? I know those motors make a lot of tq but what the fuck lol

I actually just cleaned out my photobucket pictures which had the dynapack dyno results to prove those crazy numbers.

*edit* no, I'm just crazy, they're still posted. I did clean up my photobucket to prepare for this project though. Haha

04trailblazer

XS d3400

XS xp3000

Pioneer 80prs

2 pairs of DD AW6.5 mids

DD SS4A

DD M1D

2 runs Tspec 0/1 wire

20151217_214336.jpg

A minor update, the box is being built currently, just going to do a stained finish. Will hopefully have some pictures tomorrow. I have tomorrow off, so after I do some christmas shopping and bill paying, I plan on scouting out a location for a set of tweeters. (these ones are part of the pioneer component set I found at a pawn shop, hey, something is better then nothing!) I have some double sided tape to test locations. I also received the first cross flow fan I ordered. Wanted to see how it worked, even ordered a little 99 cent led switch from china so they wouldn't have to be running all the time. I'll start putting together a mock amp rack so the amps have somewhere to go when the new box gets put in. And although it's probably not needed, I ordered a little license plate kit, to help keep it from vibrating. My rear windshield wiper is doing most of the rattling though, so eventually, I plan on deleting it, and probably sealing off the glass on the rear hatch. I found some spacers that I can use to mount the amplifiers in the box, I'm hoping that it will help the fans cool the amps a little better on those hot summer days.

I do have a little question though, about tweeter placement and crossover placement. After researching a little, I've read that it's better to have the crossover closer to the speaker instead of right next to the amp. Is there any technical reason for this? I'm probably going to try it out close to the amp for now and just run the speaker wire to the front. Nothing is set in stone however, not until the DD equipment starts rolling in. Also, since the pioneer 80prs has time alignment, I shouldn't have to worry about placing the tweeters that close to the midbass speakers, is that correct?

04trailblazer

XS d3400

XS xp3000

Pioneer 80prs

2 pairs of DD AW6.5 mids

DD SS4A

DD M1D

2 runs Tspec 0/1 wire

Archived