very nice work!! I own e39 myself but no system yet..

Is that metal sheet behind the back seat removable ?

nope, its a metal wall at the back that is not removable... thats why i had to take everything out to take out the broken subs... wish it was though, much better for spl and then i could get everything done now while im waiting for the subs and just put them in when i got them...

fuck.. mine doesnt even have armrest hole..

Oh that sucks... A friend of mine had one that did not have an armrest Hole aswell, he had to Just drill som holes and port the box through there because all the pressure got stuck in the trunk... The rear deck om bmw's are built really well and kinda sealed, mine has the sunshade thingy in the back so i have a huge gap where it used to be, IT did not like bass so had to remove it... Other than that they are pretty sealed up, Even the speakers in the back have their own box in there. Bmw's have their advantages and some disadvantages, they are built really well so not much flex and rattle but that is a minus aswell... Hard to get loud. Bet wicks have some rear door dancing though? :P friend of mine as sundown sa12's in a e46 and his Doors dance alot when he open the driver door

starting to get done for now, got it playing tonight, got some last finishing touches to do tomorow but this little project is as good as done now.
Tk0Uh8F.jpg

almost can't see that there is something that isn't stock there, you can spot the one cable easily but there are 2 more hidden on the other side. got them connected at the back but have not connected them up at the front yet. no room on the stock alternator for the shca luggs, the stock one is as big as it can get without some modifying so just going to wait for the singer one.
jtIk2Oe.jpgW97QYQL.jpgcables for the 4channel amp, spade connection type on it so bought some rockford ones and soldred them on there
38R4MeW.jpgall done, missing a little sleeving for that red 4gauge cable for the 2channel amp but no one is going to see anything down there when its all in so just gonna have to annoy me in my thoughts... ran out of sleeving and not going to wait like 14days before i finnish it.
ph8h81m.jpgpretty much all hidden, i put a second layer of silent coat on the wall against the seats, it was flexing like shit and making a rattling noise so now its more stiff and hopefully will shut up.
TrdstBj.jpgthe goodness going in just so i have some music while i wait for the subs, 2channel is going to run the mids at the front and the 4channel will be tweets at the front and speakers at the back for now but eventually it will be for both sets of tweets at the front.
cRv98DY.jpgFinally got the bit one working and wired up and i just have to say it sounds AMAZING such clarity in the highs and such punch in the midbass compared to before, running it just of the 2channel amp and the passive crossovers right now. hopefully going to try it active tomorrow and see how it sound. and damn the gladen sql duals do get damn loud, not spl speakers loud but not that far behind, really impressed now that i tried it with the dsp.

• 4 weeks later...

small update, out at sea atm but will be home in a week and then i have subs waiting for me so i can start to finnish up, alternator will hopefully be sent in the coming week, singer said they were working on a custom emblem for the pulley so it will have proper belt spacing. hoping i get that while im home. when i hooked the bit one, 4channel amp, 2channel amp and the relay up i realized that i were going to have alot of small wires for remote, small ground and positives for different stuff so i decided i were going to make som small bus bars for them, got 2 of them done tonight so one left. going to have some fans that will cool the compartment that will be made on top of the box for the amps for mids and highs and the compartment behind the box where im going to mount the 5k's.
just used some aluminum that we had laying around, totally overkill for this use but better to go to big than to small :P
t0m8gpS.jpgWnbqWKC.jpg

rough looking but going to make it look alittle nicer, could have put alot of work in it and gotten it without any scuffs but its going to be hidden so no one will see it and its not to noticable
lm6EGil.jpg

8eRPAK0.jpg

all finnished and kinda good looking, few marks and dipps

• 2 weeks later...

got the new subbs and put them in the box and got the box in today but lots of wiring to do and some panels to make before its finnished.
eBqx5Pn.jpgthis is the way i figured il mount the 4channel, 2 channel, dsp and bluetooth reciever for the bit one and then a panel to cover it all up with some fans so they will get air circulation because the 2channel can get quite hot if i play for long times.

eMu0TjZ.jpggot some led lights that i mounted on top of the box that i can switch on and off, will be using 1 or 2 strips of this to light up the compartment where the amps for the subs will be, going to have some plexi in the panel that will be over them so you can see the light coming from the outside heatsinks of the amps

starting to get done now, got everything wired up again and bumping, just a couple beautypanels to make and its all finnished

IoQ02DG.jpg

r9ymesr.jpg

positive at the bottom, negative in the middle and remote on the top one

J8CSf9r.jpgniGcFyH.jpg

all wired up, just missing a panel or two and its done

4i07J2A.jpg

wired up some lights, thinking about having a panel with plexi over the dc 5k that is sitting in the bottom of the trunk and having the same lights in the side of the heatsink that will turn on when i open the hatch.

UKMxb8V.jpgcxepeKq.jpg

also got my package from singer today, 370 alt for me

• 1 month later...

got a few videos, not to good, just filmed with my phone, haven't gotten it properly sealed, leaking some air to the back so not moving as much air as earlier but it is more painfull now than the last time. currently running about 1500-2000w to each sub so got alot more power to put on them but going to seal it better before i start to push them harder.

also having a problem with the wall behind the back seats flexing alot, put three layers of butyl on there but still flexing alot....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y87kdnznTww

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5_EHt5EmCU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1RHTl_B3FI

seems like luck isn't on my side... newest of the two dc 5k's went up in smoke tonight... no idea what happened, was cruising on my way home not even bumping just low levels and then i heard a pop from one of the subs so i turned it off and stopped to look in the trunk and then i smelled something. then i noticed one of the amps were still on even without remote power and when i felt it with my hand i almost burned it and then it started smoking from the sides.... i removed the power leads as fast as i could and stood there with the trunk open to let it cool down before i drove home. the weird thing is that it is only 7-8months old and has never seen under 12volts, currently i have never played below 12,5volt and it has only dropped that low for a second or two, and im running it at 1ohm so with box rise and everything it should be easy for it. the way i have it set up currently they only delivered about 20-23volts out to the subs so not even pushing them hard and never had them hot or anything even after playing for a couple hours

Archived