installed a small battery in the front to have a midway stop from the alternator so i dont have to run that long power wire without a fuse all the way to the back. So now it will go from alternator to battery then fused from battery to the back. also bought some 2/0 ofc cable i will be doing the big three with and two runs in addition to the original cable from the alternator. i2xc1Yd.jpeg

67mm cable, really flexible, its easier to bend and work with than the 1/0 sky high cable.

RVxYkzT.jpgpZdLgQi.jpgdont mind the blue strap, it will not be that visible when im done, still have the cables from the alternator to run and the grounds going to the engine block and frame, will try to get the new singer 370 alt in and wired up before the weekend, going to emma espl on saturday, excited to see what numbers it will deliver. kinda sad one of the amps is broken, going to have to run the remaining on 0,5ohms and will not be able to push the subs as hard...

installed a small battery in the front to have a midway stop from the alternator so i dont have to run that long power wire without a fuse all the way to the back. So now it will go from alternator to battery then fused from battery to the back. also bought some 2/0 ofc cable i will be doing the big three with and two runs in addition to the original cable from the alternator. i2xc1Yd.jpeg

67mm cable, really flexible, its easier to bend and work with than the 1/0 sky high cable.

RVxYkzT.jpgpZdLgQi.jpgdont mind the blue strap, it will not be that visible when im done, still have the cables from the alternator to run and the grounds going to the engine block and frame, will try to get the new singer 370 alt in and wired up before the weekend, going to emma espl on saturday, excited to see what numbers it will deliver. kinda sad one of the amps is broken, going to have to run the remaining on 0,5ohms and will not be able to push the subs as hard...

Man, you are just having the worst of luck on this build! I hope all goes well for you at the comp (is that what emma espl is?)

Man, you are just having the worst of luck on this build! I hope all goes well for you at the comp (is that what emma espl is?)

yeah havent really had much else than bad luck on this... yeah emma is the european competitions, they have both sq and spl

Sounds good man. Also, I'm surprised you fried that HN series. Must have been something really bad being sent to it.

yeah i were kinda surprised myself because it sounded normal and just started to smell alittle and when i felt the subs they werent really that hot but one of them started smoking so i guess the coil got a really clipped signal. luckily i replaced the double din player and have ordered a ipad dash kit so very soon i will have an ipad installed in the dash. currently using my phone and just the ipad loose connected to the bit one. ordered some recones today so will fix the HN12's and have them for a future project.

Sounds good man. Also, I'm surprised you fried that HN series. Must have been something really bad being sent to it.

yeah i were kinda surprised myself because it sounded normal and just started to smell alittle and when i felt the subs they werent really that hot but one of them started smoking so i guess the coil got a really clipped signal. luckily i replaced the double din player and have ordered a ipad dash kit so very soon i will have an ipad installed in the dash. currently using my phone and just the ipad loose connected to the bit one. ordered some recones today so will fix the HN12's and have them for a future project.

That's good. Those HN's are very hearty and durable subs. Really goes to show you the importance of a good clean signal.

more of my usual bad luck.... was changing the alternator today and the pulley on it dont line up with the others, its 3-4mm to short so the belt grinds on an edge and makes a loud squeeling noise.... were going to go to the comp tomorrow but now its 4 hours until i would have to get ready to drive there and the singer alternator is still in the car so probably 1-1,5 more hours until the old one is back in so no comp for me. its almost 4 in the morning here now so need to sleep....

did some testing yesterday and im peaking really high, plays best on like 50hz open and even higher closed... box is tuned to 32hz but the way its built its acting like a 6th order so im guessing the tuning on the other "chamber" is really high, not sure if i should try to change the tuning on the port of the box or try do something with the hole for the ski hatch to change the "tuning" there.

gT7q6uq.jpg

since i only have one amp for the subs now im running 0,5ohm and i still just have the stock 120amp alternator in the car so could not turn it up any higher than that, was dipping to 12volts. played a couple songs and the subs were still cold so they can take alot more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfLIZFU8J54

the guy that got me into buying b2 subs, 6 of the smallest 12inch subs b2 makes on one sld5k, playing around 150-152 on music with mic in the windshield.

he does alot of good work, you can see alot of it on facebook and twitter under the name Team B2 artic. we are starting to be quite a few people running b2 in my small town now, everthing from 4 8inch subbs to 2 custom xm18s in a pickup.

Archived