kenwood excelon

Bayuk89

i was just saying the OP was asking about the speaker outs not the pre outs. I wasnt really asking, more politely pointing it out

Sorry I guess i should have asked what level the pre-outs clip.... the right way is to check with oscope or DD-1 I have neither and was hoping someone with a x399 or x599 that tuned theirs could tell me what level theirs clip. I hear that the excelon series are "premium" of kenwood line but that doesn't mean it will be clean at full tilt.... I need to invest in the proper test tools, ears and DMM only get me so far.

what level the pre outs distort is irrelevant if you are using the speaker outs. you need to figure out where the speaker outs distort first. no point in setting your gain at 33 if your mids sound like a yak being bbq'ed under water in a volcano at volume 27.

what level the pre outs distort is irrelevant if you are using the speaker outs. you need to figure out where the speaker outs distort first. no point in setting your gain at 33 if your mids sound like a yak being bbq'ed under water in a volcano at volume 27.

Lol I agree

At 28 everyone is happy regardless of radio Pandora or CD so I have my amp tuned to volume 28 On my HU. I guess when I get my mid and high amp plus new door speakers I can recheck volume level distortion and see if I can do above 28. Thank you guys for ur help

EVERY eXcelon deck I've ever had was clean at 35/35 with sub out at +15(max).

My deck sub level is at 0 unless I listen to altered music then it's -1 or -3. Having 5+ year old Kenwood door speakers they are a little off on SQ I though the excelon series could go higher than 28 clean but I didn't wanna clip my sub amp signal so I though to ask yalls with knowledge of this model/series. Thank you guys I really need a oscope or dd-1 to be 110% sure. Wish I had someone local within north austin that had one. I asked in the tool section on the forum but no one responded yet.... :(

Kenwood decks clip 33 volume outta 35 so i set my amps up so I never go past volume 32 on the HU

Every single kenwood deck clips there huh?

no.. i have one and it does not clip at max on the RCA.. the speaker outs however clip at a very much lower setting.. 25 out of 35 on my deck and thats depending on the song and how was recorded.

i agree here.. mine does not clip but i still set it to 33 or 34.. i still dont hear it at that level when on amplifiers. the max i been at was around 25 when showing people

i agree here.. mine does not clip but i still set it to 33 or 34.. i still dont hear it at that level when on amplifiers. the max i been at was around 25 when showing people

I agree, I never played mine at 35/35. 33 or 34 is where I stayed.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived