kenwood excelon

Bayuk89

I needed a new HU with 4volt preouts outs and a guy at custom sounds recommended the kenwood KDC x399 because it fit my price range and had 4volt preouts outs. I'm running straight deck right now powering my door speakers. I'm asking if ur running the x399 or x599 what volume level does your volume distort ? Mine seems to distort after 28 outta 35 with the EQ all flat and loud, bass boost off. I figured with kenwood "better" line up I could go higher on my volume ? Not saying my speakers are great cuz their not, there old Kenwood in the door for many years.... so my question is what level does ur x399 or x599 distort ? Regardless if ur amped or not I just need a baseline idea on ur level....

Kenwood decks clip 33 volume outta 35 so i set my amps up so I never go past volume 32 on the HU

is that the speaker outs or the pre-outs?

Kenwood decks clip 33 volume outta 35 so i set my amps up so I never go past volume 32 on the HU

Rca's yea never checked speaker outs as I never used them because I have a amp on everything. No need for HU 12watts

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

Every single kenwood deck clips there huh?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Every single kenwood deck clips there huh?

I've tested kenwood x891 and 945u and both clipped volume 33... I have also seen a lot of other on the internet saying there kenwood decks clip at 33 volume too

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

HU is powering my door speakers with no amp and the sub pre out is powering my sub amp..... level 28 is not loud at all and I've had louder on factor head units in cars. BUT..... my door speakers are old and prolly worn and only powered by HU so 20 watts or so is only gonna get so loud. I was asking about distortion level cuz I don't have any testing tools other than my ears and a DMM. I only care about sending dirty signal to my sub amp at this point until I get mids and high amp and new door speakers. I have my sub amp tuned to level 28 and I belive it can go higher but with out a DD-1 or oscilloscope idk if I'm clipping but I KNOW at 28 I'm clean...

Seeing a few clip there does not make it safe to assume that all kenwood headunit's clip there.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Sorry It's kinda muddy question,

My intended question was what level outta 35 on excelon series kenwood does it distort ? I'm ONLY concerned about sending clipped signal to my sub amp. After level 30 on my HU my door speakers get a little crackle. But they are old and are only powered by my HU so I can't rely only on my door speakers to tell me at XX level it's distorted. I'm just curious if my model can go 28 30 32 with out distortion, i guess i won't know until I get an oscope or DD1

Archived