Jump to content

2014 ford fusion, X15, nendo 2k, xs power


Recommended Posts

Posted

Vehicle:

- 2014 Ford Fusion SE

Head Unit

- Stock touchscreen

Electrical

- Stock Alt (150amps)

- Skyhigh 1/0 OFC

- XS D3400

- Big 3 (coming soon)

Mids and Highs

- Stock (for now)

Amp

- Crescendo 2k (coming soon)

Sub

- Beefed up Sundown X15 rev.2 (coming soon)

- Sub is going to be built by Dave Leib (Ft Myers, FL)

Posted

First delivery came yesterday

image27919_1_zpsgj7wz52q.jpg

No steak knives were hurt in the making of this photo

IMAG0348_zpsshbgfswa.jpg

IMAG0349_zps0iq7kczn.jpg

Package Included: 1/0 ofc wiring kit, battery terminals and 1/0 to 1/0 amp inputs

IMAG0350_zpst1gfa5tg.jpg

Posted

Had another package come today, this one from XS power. Except only half of it came for some reason. Since it was late when I got home and saw it, couldnt call . Hopefully I can get in contact with them tomorrow to find out where my battery is.

This is the I-Bar multi top post terminal kit. So I dont have to mess with the vehicle pos and neg.

IMAG0361_zpsr0bxwmkg.jpg

Posted

I've had a water leak in the trunk for several months now and I just brushed it off. Until some research and discovered it was a common occurrence in with my vehicle. The seal on the rear windshield was put on poorly at the factory. So I made an appointment to get it taken care of, so I had to take out my baby booms. I discovered the leak was far more severe than I thought. Good thing I'm getting it fixed tomorrow. Can't have anything like that once I get all the goods installed.

IMAG0369_zpsmk3qpjoq.jpg

IMAG0370_zps29pgvr8j.jpg

Posted

Took the car in today, turns out the rear windshield was not the issue ( or for now at least). They said it was just a bad rear deck seal/seam. So they sealed it up and seems to have fix the issue.

Posted

Got home to discover I got the pivotal part of the build had arrived. Can't wait to get it charged up and installed. Going to order some more skyhigh goodies tomorrow, so I can do a big 3. My hope is to do a little before and after on the voltage.Being that a stock charging voltage and then voltage after big 3 and xs powwwah. Also put down a deposit on the sub, so its currently being built and I will pick it up at the end of the month.

IMAG0380_zpslxwewlyi.jpg

I know I know why did I get a reverse polarity battery? you might ask. I show you once I get it installed.

IMAG0379_zpsvux6ziry.jpg

IMAG0381_zpshm86vbpc.jpg

Posted

Finally got my ass in gear and installed something. I ran the power wire which proved slightly more challenging than expected. When I first got the car I did not feel like having to deal with installing an amp kit ( ie, running a remote turn on wire and installing a high/low converter), so I got a local shop in my town to do it for me. With that being said that is why there is already a 8 awg wire ran in the pictures.

Note: The over attention to detail in the following post is due to a lack of builds of the particular model of vehicle (3rd gen fusion), this is to be informative to help anyone in need. As they will likely encounter the same problems I have faced.

The grommet was quite difficult to get to, as you can see the aforementioned pre-installed wire. That alleviated a long of work. Space was extremely limited and barely large enough for a few fingers between the battery tray and braking system apparatus.

IMAG0383_zpsstp7kmyv.jpg

Heres the stock firewall grommet.It is fairly hidden under the dash and behind quite a few layers of carpet and padding. Its a rather soft plastic, not a ABS type. I was able to increase the hole with a razor blade.

IMAG0382_zpsfud0qo7r.jpg

Again due to limited space, I had to get creative with a clothes hanger to snake to wire through the grommet.

IMAG0384_zpsp7hvob0w.jpg

As you can see the bottom of the dash the grommet is atleast 6 inches beyond what is visible and underneath padding permanently affixed to the firewall.

IMAG0385_zpspoz0f9t8.jpg

IMAG0386_zpstyix5shc.jpg

Posted

Here the battery install. An XS D3400 will fit in the battery area (cant speak for other group 34's), but it has to be the reverse polarity (D3400R). Due to excessively short stock battery cables. A regular D3400 could have been installed, but I did not feel like having to crisscross the pos and neg leads to make the happen. Or to have to extend the wires reach over the battery. So I took the extra $20 hit for the Reverse polarity battery. To allow for installation of both stock post terminals and Skyhigh SAE style machined battery terminals, I opted for the I-Bar multi top post terminals from XS.

Here is the stock battery charging level at idle. 14.81v

IMAG0387_zpsrg2phlzd.jpg

Resting voltage of the D3400 directly out of the box.

IMAG0388_zpshntjdzux.jpg

I had a few issues with clearance on the stock negative battery terminal. When tight the nut and bolt that affixes the terminal to post has about a 1/3 in of extra bolt. That will cause a clearance issue. I took off about a 1/4 of an inch of bolt to fix the issue. Also the 2 smaller bolts to secure the secondary post to the I-Bar are little too long as well, so had to cut them down as well about a 1/4 in.

Heres the final picture of the battery completely installed, and idle charging voltage. Im quite surprised by the voltage increase, since I have yet to do the big 3 and its a stock alternator. I'm not sure if I will see much more of an increase once I do the big 3. I hope its not to much because that would get make me slightly nervous for the sake of all the stock electronics.

IMAG0389_zpseuyvrnhp.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1027 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...