Sonic Electronix

Anyone got recommendations?? I have some SecondSkin Damp pro in my car currently and it's pretty spendy. I was looking at SHCA 120mil deadener and it looks pretty solid but I'm not sure about the quality.

Anyone have a recommendation or any more technical info about the two?

SHCA 120m is "just under a pound" per sq. ft

SS Damp pro 80m is .6 lbs per sq. ft

I'd assume SHCA would work better not to mention it's cheaper?

Bass head in training. Trying to learn everything I can.

2014 Dodge Dart GT

Synergy Audio WFO 15.1 V2 (Prototype)

Sundown X12

I would stay with Second Skin Pro, i just got my shipment frm

them yesterday and its pretty thick. I have used Dynamat its also

good, but you woulnt be saving alot so my opinon would be if you

already have Second Skin Pro stick with it. Btw they have the b

stock which is what i got n i dont find anything wrong with it and its cheaper.

Hope this helps.

vibraflex if you need rigidity

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

I second the vibraflex stuff if you want solid.. Its like lead plates that requires heating when applying.

SecondSkin DampPro is nice as well, I love this stuff due to its rigid foil! I really wish SecondSkin would make something similar to vibraflex because supporting TRUE made in USA products is a plus for many buyers.

If your looking for thicker than 80mil then try the knukonceptz kolossus stuff which is 100mil, also just under 1lb per square foot, comes with a 10mil thick foil which is thicker than sky high, and its cheaper than sky high.

The thicker 10mil foil on the knukonceptz kolossus (vs the skyhigh 6mil) is going to be why a deadener that is .5mm thinner is just as heavy, and the thicker foil will reduce vibrations more than a thinner foil with more butyl.

Also IIRC the knukonceptz deadener and the sky high stuff is made in the same factory according to a well trusted insider.

Something to note is that the knukonceptz and sky high foil is a softer foil, it molds around corners easily without tearing which is sometimes nice, however its not rigid like SecondSkin, and I myself find the rigid foil that can support its own weight when held horizontally without folding under its own weight is a huge plus. The secondskin foil is like trying to bend an aluminum can around a corner which might want to tear if the radius is too tight which some hate but I love.

Archived